Should we create a new world for the 1.19 update?

Started by Mr. Analog, May 30, 2022, 03:52:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Should we create a new world for the 1.19 update?

Yes
2 (50%)
No
0 (0%)
Indifferent
2 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 4

Mr. Analog

Are we upgrading soon? I ask because the weather has been rainy and Minecraft is always more fun when it's dark outside hehe
By Grabthar's Hammer

Lazybones

Been sick and stuck  in bed all week.

Starting to feel better might looking into it this weekend if I am feeling up to it.

Anyone have a seed suggestion? If not I will just pick something if I get to rebuilding the server first.

LennyLen

Quote from: Lazybones on June 16, 2022, 10:24:59 PMAnyone have a seed suggestion? If not I will just pick something if I get to rebuilding the server first.

WeDontNeedNoStinkingSeeds

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Lazybones on June 16, 2022, 10:24:59 PMBeen sick and stuck  in bed all week.

Starting to feel better might looking into it this weekend if I am feeling up to it.

Anyone have a seed suggestion? If not I will just pick something if I get to rebuilding the server first.

I hope you feel better soon! I was sick last week. Summer colds suck!
By Grabthar's Hammer

Thorin

No suggestions for seeds, I don't really like the new terrain generation because there's just too many holes in the ground now for the type of mining I like to do.  I just hope not to be stuck in a desert or a set of cold biomes with snow everywhere (snow in mountains, great, snow everywhere, not great).

But please do tell us the seed to the new world, so I can use chunkbase to find an area that I'd like to build in.
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

LennyLen

Quote from: Thorin on June 17, 2022, 10:39:53 AMI just hope not to be stuck in a desert or a set of cold biomes with snow everywhere (snow in mountains, great, snow everywhere, not great).

Out of curiosity I created a world with my above suggested seed.  The area around spawn looks like this:

The plains to the right of the spawn (at around 400, 600) are quite promising. There are cows, pigs, chickens and horses, and the tress are quite near for building pens.

Mr. Analog

By Grabthar's Hammer

Lazybones

Server is now running 1.19, used the seed "WeDontNeedNoStinkingSeeds".

Mr. Analog

@Thorin there's a nice big plains biome east of where I set up, no giant pits!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

By Grabthar's Hammer

Thorin

Quote from: Mr. Analog on June 22, 2022, 05:48:09 PM@Thorin there's a nice big plains biome east of where I set up, no giant pits!

Cool, I'll go check it out soon.

Is our spawn on a high island?  Or am I seeing that wrong on Overviewer?
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Thorin on June 22, 2022, 06:51:54 PM
Quote from: Mr. Analog on June 22, 2022, 05:48:09 PM@Thorin there's a nice big plains biome east of where I set up, no giant pits!

Cool, I'll go check it out soon.

Is our spawn on a high island?  Or am I seeing that wrong on Overviewer?
Yup it's an island. Lazy started building a little safe space and found a zombie spawner!

I also found one near my little house, crazy!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

By Grabthar's Hammer

Lazybones

I have also found one of the new mangrove biomes, it doesn't render correctly as the blocks don't exist in overviewer for the trees but I placed a POI sign. You can toggle the signs in the map.

I explored a bit more by boat and found a desert and a few other things.

Be careful digging too deep I can see the edge of a deep dark city not far from your home mr A

LennyLen

I've left a full set of enchanted diamond armour with sword and shield at the spawn as a recovery suit in case anyone dies and needs it to recover their stuff.

Also, does anyone want any uncobbled deepslate? I have tons of it that I mined while I had a silk touch pick axe and as it's no use for crafting until it's been mined, I can't really think of any use for it myself.

Mr. Analog

Quote from: LennyLen on June 26, 2022, 03:52:14 AMI've left a full set of enchanted diamond armour with sword and shield at the spawn as a recovery suit in case anyone dies and needs it to recover their stuff.

Also, does anyone want any uncobbled deepslate? I have tons of it that I mined while I had a silk touch pick axe and as it's no use for crafting until it's been mined, I can't really think of any use for it myself.

Sweet! Thanks Lenny. Can't think of a use for it yet but I might take it off your hands
By Grabthar's Hammer

Mr. Analog

Has anyone blazed a trail to the Nether fortress? I want to start brewing potions soon

If not then I guess I know what I'll do this weekend
By Grabthar's Hammer