Sony Australia: Wii "More Fun" than PS3

Started by Lazybones, December 05, 2006, 08:48:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lazybones

http://blog.wired.com/games/2006/12/sony_australia_.html
QuoteWii is a core gaming device. It's a more fun, intuitive sort of product to pick up, where the PS3 is a broader entertainment solution; so you can have your fun, enjoyable gaming ... but then you have a whole suite of other applications ... such as Blu-ray media playback, the ability to access your music, access your photos and the interoperability with the PlayStation Portable.

:rofl:

:badh:

Shayne

They are probably right.  I see the Wii being a great party machine for the kids, or when you got a few friends and family over having beers, etc.

I see the PS3 and the 360 as more "alone time" gaming machines.

TheDruid

Quotebut then you have a whole suite of other applications ... such as Blu-ray media playback, the ability to access your music, access your photos and the interoperability with the PlayStation Portable.

Just not as good as Xbox, where Microsoft has integration with the massive PC windows user base, where people actually have their music, photos and movies stored, unlike the PSP. PS3 is just middle of the road on everything, its not a *fun* machine like the Wii, not nearly the media integration as the Xbox... and should i even mention the online offering?

PS3 tries to do a bit of everything done by the others, however comes up embarrassingly short on all fronts. However they are winning on the highest priced console front and least produced. Maybe with their slow to market deliveries people will wake up from the PS3 hangover and consider the other offerings.
I only drink the blood of my enemies, and on occasion a strawberry smoothie.

TheDruid

Oh BTW:

Congrats Xbox360 on the 8M consoles sold milestone
And
Congrats Wii on the 1M consoles sold Milestone
And
PS3... well... your coming along ;D hang in there ::)   :rofl:

Shayne

Quote from: TheDruid on December 06, 2006, 12:37:38 PMits not a *fun* machine like the Wii

Not to pick on your Druid, but I have see this basic paraphrased quote everywhere since the Wii was announced and I simply don't see how the Wii is more fun then a 360, an SNES or my DS Lite.  I would say fun comes down to the games and not the interface.  To say I didn't have fun playing Gears of War is a downright false statement.

Lazybones

All I can say is that I already have over 20h of play time in Zelda and am still enjoying it.
- My hands are not swore from the movement
- I haven't gotten tired of moving the controller
- My fingers do not hurt from button mashing all the time!

Lazybones

On a foot note, I would still probably want a 360 for games like Gears of War, for the visual impact, it doesn't however diminish how much I like the Wii.

I played that off road game on a PS3 kiosk at TRU, all I could think was.. This doesn't look any better than what I have seen on the 360.

Shayne

All I can say is that I already have over 25h of play time in Gears of War and am still enjoying it.
- My hands are not swore from the movement
- I haven't gotten tired of moving the controller
- My fingers do not hurt from button mashing all the time!

Darren Dirt

I have played 0h of either game and am unhappy with life in general, and this damn weather specifically.
- My hands are sore.
- I am tired.
- My fingers do hurt!

What am I doing wrong? Do I need to play them or something? :P

Strive for progress. Not perfection.

Shayne

while off topic, i am suffering from cabin fever too Darren.  I desperately want to get back out on the disc golf course

TheDruid

Quote from: Shayne on December 06, 2006, 02:03:11 PM
while off topic, i am suffering from cabin fever too Darren.  I desperately want to get back out on the disc golf course

There are always winter sports, and lets not forget that the willing can still enjoy Disc in the winter i.e. Ice Bowl

Mr. Analog

Quote from: TheDruid on December 06, 2006, 03:02:21 PM
Quote from: Shayne on December 06, 2006, 02:03:11 PM

There are always winter sports, and lets not forget that the willing can still enjoy Disc in the winter i.e. Ice Bowl

From the way things are going we'll actually have Ice at Ice Bowl this year!
By Grabthar's Hammer