My Street Fighter Tutorial Videos

Started by Lazybones, December 10, 2006, 10:22:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lazybones

Mr. Analog

Ah, good old Super Street Fighter II cheapness ;) I used to be deadly with Vega...
By Grabthar's Hammer

Darren Dirt

So Mr. A were you a wall-bouncer with Vega?

I didn't know that M. Bison's SUPER move sucked so bad... And that Zangief could trap him so effectively :)

I guess it's a bit like most RTS games, a "piece" (player) has certain weaknesses which can be majorly exploited by certain other pieces... I guess that's why the "tag team" version was the next logical step in the arcade series :)

That rectangle-controlthespace concept, really makes a difference in understanding some of the long back-and-forth matches I witnessed (never a big player of those types of games myself).

Strive for progress. Not perfection.

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Darren Dirt on December 11, 2006, 08:26:54 AM
So Mr. A were you a wall-bouncer with Vega?

Oh yes indeed, I'd start with a slide kick or a rolling claw and if I hit you I'd follow up with a flying claw attack while charging another rolling claw. If I didn't dizzy you I'd roll backwards and wait for you to jump in and roundhouse kick you, if that didn't kill you I'd be charging the whole thing again (with a rolling claw to start).

E. Honda was another favourite of mine, not for the headbutt but for all the crafty little kicks he had, his standing roundhouse kick as incredible range and strikes low, almost always garaunteeing a hit.
By Grabthar's Hammer

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Darren Dirt on December 11, 2006, 08:26:54 AMI guess it's a bit like most RTS games, a "piece" (player) has certain weaknesses which can be majorly exploited by certain other pieces... I guess that's why the "tag team" version was the next logical step in the arcade series :)

There is a whole metagame to fighting games, you have to know your foe and know who he likes to play. You have to know all the characters, how they move and attack. Knowing exactly when to hit Ken when he's doing his Dragon Punch can spell the difference between a win and a loss.

For example, I won't play SFA3 against one person if they insist on playing Dan, this friend of mine spent an entire winter working at a lodge doing nothing but perfecting his skills with the pink-gi wearing doofus that is Dan. He's nearly unbeatable.

By Grabthar's Hammer

Darren Dirt

Strive for progress. Not perfection.