Windows 10 on Gaming with XBox App and DX12

Started by Melbosa, January 21, 2015, 05:14:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Melbosa

Source: http://ca.ign.com/videos/2015/01/21/xbox-on-windows-10-demonstration

OK, so I just watched this demonstration Windows 10 Gaming and Integration with XBox App and DirectX 12... So I thought the first part was very interesting about XBox Dashboard features in Windows 10 and the improvements on DirectX 12 for existing game and power consumption.

But then I had one of those OMG moments... about 9m in.  They are showing an XBox One console gamer playing a game with a Windows 10 PC gamer - Fable game.  How long has the Console Gamers and PC Gamers wanted to play any cross-plateform game with each other?  Lets hope that is what this demo means, and not just the Final Fantasy experiment with Playstation and PC gamers.

And when I thought that was the best thing ever, they showed the XBone Game streaming to any Windows 10 devices.  Now for me this is F'n awesome.  My XBone lives in my living room where my wife loves watching TV as well as I love gaming.  Now I can do down to my PC in the basement, start my XBox One remotely, take control of it, and play the Game through my PC but actually playing on the XBone... that was it... load blown :P

Can you tell I'm excited?
Sometimes I Think Before I Type... Sometimes!