Little Help Photoshop Gurus

Started by Melbosa, June 04, 2013, 02:14:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Melbosa

So I need just a little help with a bit of Photoshop on my end.

I have this logo see, and I want to put it on the back of a black jacket see, and that logo I want to looks like its busten out of that back of that jacket see...

I want to make it look like the logo broke through the Jacket's back, maybe like a tear or crack, or clawed through... can someone more talented than I make that work?  I can provide the PSD of the logo as well if someone can help me out.

NOTE: Blue Background is just for show - logo is minus the blue background.
Sometimes I Think Before I Type... Sometimes!

Mr. Analog

I'll see what I can do, I have lot of other projects goin' at the moment
By Grabthar's Hammer

Melbosa

I am looking to put in an order for the Jacket Friday, so am looking for help by then.  I am not looking for anything super fancy, just simple.

If not I can always see if someone else can help.  Let me know if that is too quick for you.

Melbosa

If it helps, here is the Jacket, and the Jacket with the Logo on top.

Mr. Analog

K, that helps

I'll give it a whack tonight but that's all I gots
By Grabthar's Hammer

Mr. Analog

By Grabthar's Hammer

Melbosa

Mr. Analog

By Grabthar's Hammer

Mr. Analog

So I played with a technique for doing this, I'm not sure how it will look on a black background but we can give it a shot.

The question I have is how will the logo be applied to the jacket? Is it going to be a patch or some kind of silk screening process?
By Grabthar's Hammer

Melbosa

Heat transfer actually.  More detailed print than a Silk Screen and just as durable.  It won't be coming off in the Rain and can be as detailed as you like.  With Silk Screens I would have to stick to a low number of colours as the colour count ups the cost.  Not so much with the Heat Transfer technique.  The downside to Heat Transfer is that over time it will crack.  But on rain proof materials you can only do a Heat Transfer, Silk Screen will ruin the material - so I am told.

Mr. Analog

By Grabthar's Hammer

Melbosa

My Logo is transparent where the Blue Part is, so yeah I would say so (Blue was just to see what it would look like on the same color Jersey).

Mr. Analog

Righty dokey I will be playing around with different opacities so that the fabric of the jacket becomes part of the tearing effect.
By Grabthar's Hammer

Melbosa

That is what I was hoping for.  Although I am not sure if the heat transfer allows for partial transparencies.  I can check.

Otherwise could just make it a shape that is no conformed (like as if someone punched through a piece of paper and you cut the hole exactly around the tear edges) and fill in the middle with what ever you want.  Our team color is Royal Blue if that helps in any way.

Mr. Analog

That helps, also I can use a moire pattern to simulate varying opacities

Example images also help, if you know what you want from another logo I can reproduce it in a few hours.
By Grabthar's Hammer