Little Help Photoshop Gurus

Started by Melbosa, June 04, 2013, 02:14:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Melbosa

Something like this: http://jgstudios.photoshelter.com/image/I0000n62L1MKXk9c but with the Cloth look not paper.  And the Logo coming out in the middle - primary reason is to help with the Black of the bat and outline of the Dino which doesn't show good on the Black of the Jacket.  So some other color to show the Black parts of the logo is why the break through concept here.
Sometimes I Think Before I Type... Sometimes!

Melbosa

But you don't have to stick with the Cloth idea either.  if you think it looks better breaking out of a cobble street or a brick wall or something else, by all means, feel free.  Coolness but don't spend too much time on it.

Mr. Analog

Oddly enough that's the exact look I was going for (so good, we're on the same page there).

Also to clarify, you want the dino bursting out of the logo (the circle with the lettering) and not just he entire logo bursting from the background?

'Cause I can totes do that, the thing I was worried about was the contrast of having the burst effect on a black/jacket background, if it's over the circle with the text on it then we have lots to work with because we can use contrast!
By Grabthar's Hammer

Melbosa

The Logo minus the Blue background has to stay as is.  That is the team branding.  So that logo can be any way you want it to be so long as it isn't altered on its surface (so you can 3D it, add shadow, add movement/action lines making it look like it traveled, etc).  Make sense?

Mr. Analog

Not really, mostly because of this (stating that you want the dino highlighted):

Quote from: Melbosa on June 05, 2013, 09:59:53 AM
Something like this: http://jgstudios.photoshelter.com/image/I0000n62L1MKXk9c but with the Cloth look not paper.  And the Logo coming out in the middle - primary reason is to help with the Black of the bat and outline of the Dino which doesn't show good on the Black of the Jacket.  So some other color to show the Black parts of the logo is why the break through concept here.

I thought the dino was bordered by the circle (I don't have it in front of my face).

I can have the whole circular logo bursting out, I'm just concerned that the lack of contrast due to the black background it's going on is going to lessen the bursting effect.
By Grabthar's Hammer

Melbosa

The dino is bordered by the circle but all is the logo.  If you fit the logo in the "hole"of the bust through you should get the contrast I hope.  Do what you think is best.

Btw this thread has a png of the logo if you need reference.

Mr. Analog

I know, I'm just going through the forum while waiting for my debugger

Ok, I'll come up with-a somethin'
By Grabthar's Hammer

Mr. Analog

I'm currently exporting 2 versions my machine is running low on available RAM the 2 versions are 1 dark and one light for both kind of background

These files are going to be big so how do you want them?
By Grabthar's Hammer

Mr. Analog

Okay, here are the proofs:

1. Designed for a light background shadow opacity is lighter

2. Designed for a black background higher contrast / shadow opacity

Let me know which one you want (or both?) the files are nearly 500 MB each.

EDIT: Just so you know, these PNGs are 1000x1000 px, the PSD files are six times that (I think I used the DPI setting of the original work).

Cheers,
Mr. A
By Grabthar's Hammer

Thorin

Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

Tom

<Zapata Prime> I smell Stanley... And he smells good!!!

Mr. Analog

Thanks guys. Looking at it now I think I should have used a slightly lower resolution for some of the effects but otherwise not bad for a first try!

I also learnt some stuff about layer maskes I didn't know about before so yay! 4 hours of work including research
By Grabthar's Hammer

Melbosa

Awesome work!  Can u share the PSDs though dropbox?  I want the high rez for sure!

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Melbosa on June 07, 2013, 11:24:59 AM
Awesome work!  Can u share the PSDs though dropbox?  I want the high rez for sure!

Sure, let me install dropbox

PLEASE let me know if you want any changes. I'm off work today so I have some time to make edits.

Thanks!
By Grabthar's Hammer

Mr. Analog

By Grabthar's Hammer