When Plex Goes Bad

Started by Thorin, June 13, 2014, 01:20:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lazybones

Quote from: Thorin on June 13, 2014, 04:52:46 PM
I looked in the logs for quite a while last night, too.  I'm paraphrasing because I don't remember the exact text, but I essentially saw "The transcoder appears to have died".

Maybe I should see if I can generate some crash logs: https://support.plex.tv/hc/en-us/articles/201455336.

The transcoder can die for a few different reasons.... but sharing the logs on the Plex forums is often a good way to get help...

Thorin

Yeah, I'd found a couple of threads where people shared the logs.  I haven't gotten that far yet.  Plex works from the old computer, and the noise from the fans in OldGreyMare are bothering my youngest (strange noises just upset him, he has trouble filtering them out as regular background noise) so she's turned off again.
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

Lazybones

Quote from: Thorin on June 14, 2014, 10:09:24 PM
Yeah, I'd found a couple of threads where people shared the logs.  I haven't gotten that far yet.  Plex works from the old computer, and the noise from the fans in OldGreyMare are bothering my youngest (strange noises just upset him, he has trouble filtering them out as regular background noise) so she's turned off again.

Send me the log, and I will take a look.

Tom

Quote from: Thorin on June 14, 2014, 10:09:24 PM
Hm, I have some much quieter fans around here, if you either want to bring it back for a retrofit, or you do it yourself, either or... I think I gave you a decent heatsink, at least I hope I didn't give you the stock intel. if I did, I am very sorry, and I'll give you a better one :o just bring it by....
<Zapata Prime> I smell Stanley... And he smells good!!!