Location of spawn

Started by Lazybones, November 04, 2018, 07:42:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lazybones

Looks like the portal back to spawn is broken, does anyone have the coordinates to spawn? It isn't really that close to zero apparently I have been hunting around and can't find it.

Lazybones

Tried a second time and I am confused as to how I keep missing it as I am positive I am on the correct continent.

At this point I have losted a bunch of gear looking for it.

Thorin

Weird, it seems like something changed with the map.  The seed that Tom used was this: https://minecraftseedhq.com/coastal-jungle-pyramid-shipwreck-seed/.  When I go to -208,112 there's no shipwreck like there's supposed to be.  So then I made a chest and put all my stuff in it, at -212,88, then drowned myself to get sent back to spawn.  Spawn is -181,-24, but THERE'S NOTHING THERE.  Everything we built, all the diamonds and iron we mined, it's all gone, spawn has been reset to it's original state.  All the trees we chopped down are back, that island we cleared that had turtles on it, the trees are back.

It's weird because I still had all my gear that I was carrying, but it's like the spawn part of the map got reset.  This makes me really sad :(
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

Tom

Quote from: Thorin on November 06, 2018, 11:55:23 AM
Weird, it seems like something changed with the map.  The seed that Tom used was this: https://minecraftseedhq.com/coastal-jungle-pyramid-shipwreck-seed/.  When I go to -208,112 there's no shipwreck like there's supposed to be.  So then I made a chest and put all my stuff in it, at -212,88, then drowned myself to get sent back to spawn.  Spawn is -181,-24, but THERE'S NOTHING THERE.  Everything we built, all the diamonds and iron we mined, it's all gone, spawn has been reset to it's original state.  All the trees we chopped down are back, that island we cleared that had turtles on it, the trees are back.

It's weird because I still had all my gear that I was carrying, but it's like the spawn part of the map got reset.  This makes me really sad :(
Dang it. I'll see about reverting back to a previous backup.
<Zapata Prime> I smell Stanley... And he smells good!!!

Lazybones

Here is the catch , me and my daughters have been building a lot!

We will lose our stuff now as well if you roll back.

Anyone know when spawn last existed ?

Tom

Quote from: Lazybones on November 06, 2018, 01:32:50 PM
Here is the catch , me and my daughters have been building a lot!

We will lose our stuff now as well if you roll back.

Anyone know when spawn last existed ?
I'm betting it happened with the upgrade. So a backup from right before the upgrade should bring back the correct spawn.

Lazybones

Well crap that will be over a weeks worth of work gone. For us, we have been quite active on the server over on our Island.

We rarely go back to spawn except to enchant things.

Tom

Quote from: Lazybones on November 06, 2018, 01:41:12 PM
Well crap that will be over a weeks worth of work gone. For us, we have been quite active on the server over on our Island.

We rarely go back to spawn except to enchant things.
Oh, well crud. I don't really want to reset then...

I have no idea if theres a map editor I can use, or if maybe I can copy just the spawn files in? not sure.

Lazybones

Can you load the backups locally and confirm that Spawn disappeared during the upgrade?

We can rebuild but this will probably not go over well, we have been building an automatic Item sorter and a bunch of more resource intensive stuff.

Lazybones

I am going to suggest keeping a copy of the current state backup if you can and just roll back to the last version that had spawn.

We will rebuild, more was build at spawn and we could really use having those resources back.

If the upgrade is what killed spawn, hopefully it doesn't happen again.

Lazybones

http://builds.enginehub.org/job/worldedit?branch=string-ids Looks like world edit has some working but not stable 1.13 builds

Not sure that would help.. Would need to basically copy the entire set of chunks between the backups.. Probably not worth it.

Mr. Analog

I didn't lose much at spawn I don't know about others though.

Maybe we just go into god mode and rebuild spawn? Seems like less work?
By Grabthar's Hammer

Thorin

Nah man, I'll rebuild spawn, at least the Safe-T Hut and stuff.  I love doing that kind of stuff, and I can mine for days going up and down corridors, I find it soothing.

The problem is that probably everyone else's build is gone, too, so the treetop stuff is missing, etc.
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Thorin

Lazy, when you go back to spawn do you go through the nether?  Is it still okay?
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Thorin

Hey, is this map still the same seed as the original 1.13 map?  I noticed that there wasn't a shipwreck where there was supposed to be one (-208,112).  I wonder if the seed changed to a similar one, or if the shipwreck placement algorithm changed for 1.13.2.
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful