Item sorter / elevator system

Started by Lazybones, November 06, 2018, 06:50:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lazybones

Some screen shots of stuff we have been building

The soul sand / water bubble elevator is VERY fast at moving both items and players.

Mr. Analog

It's been so long since I played, have they finally got pipes that work for sorting in vanilla?
By Grabthar's Hammer

Lazybones

This one uses hoppers red stone  and a water elevator. The water elevator is enhanced by the new bubbles mechanic.

We can mine at the bottom and toss items into the water they shoot to the top and get sorted.

The sorter can also be tiled which is what we are doing.  All of our iron currently goes into expanding it at the moment.

Mr. Analog

By Grabthar's Hammer

Lazybones

Quote from: Mr. Analog on November 07, 2018, 09:36:50 AM
Cool!

The column goes all the way to bedrock and we can also use it as a player elevator..

Each segment of the sorter requires:

3 hoppers (which is a fair bit of iron)
1 redstone torch
some readsone wire
1 comparator
1 repeater.
4 or 44 unsortable items (depends if the item you are sorting is rare if this is worth it, you need to fill the empty slots and they need to add up to a specific value)  I use named cobble as my unsortable items.

This is the tutorial I based it on https://youtu.be/NHjWYCDYJ4s .

Bubble elevators require one soul sand at the bottom then you need to fill it with water SOURCE blocks.. It is VERY fast, in fact i have an over hang at the top of mine to prevent items from shooting out the top.

Mr. Analog

Dude that's wild!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

By Grabthar's Hammer

Lazybones

There are a number of auto or semi auto farms possible now as well.. One of my plans will be to create a few of those and then use minecarts to deliver the output to the sorter.

However most of those need sticky pistons and we have had bad luck finding a slime block in our current mine.. We have been expanding out in all directions to find one.

Thorin

What about just finding a swamp and then flattening out a 30x80 island for the slimes to spawn on?

Also, I understand why you didn't want to lose any of that...
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

Lazybones

Quote from: Thorin on November 07, 2018, 11:25:50 AM
What about just finding a swamp and then flattening out a 30x80 island for the slimes to spawn on?

Also, I understand why you didn't want to lose any of that...

Had a good time building it with my 8 year old, she really likes it. We also did it mostly without any resources from spawn so we have a feeling of self accomplishment.

We only noticed spawn was missing because we where coming back to enchant stuff.

we should be able to find a slim chunk MUCH closer with the 1 in 10 chance than a swamp. I know where several swamps are, they are out in the middle of no where and not practical to feed the sorter.

Lazybones

First addition is an automatic slim farm

Lazybones

There is also now a semi auto cow processor that cooks meat and gets hide.

You just need to breed the cows at the top to keep it going.

Lazybones

Both farms feed directly into the auto sorter.

Mr. Analog

Wow! You've been busy! These look great

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

By Grabthar's Hammer

Lazybones

Water streams with ice/sign joins seem to be surprisingly reliable for item transport however there is some space constraints. I am using an auto dropper to fire items into the water streams.

Anyone have any slime block projects? I have a surplus of slime blocks now I have been converting the slime balls into blocks fairly frequently.