Nether hub / transport

Started by Lazybones, July 21, 2019, 03:03:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lazybones

I have closed off some routes in the nether to make for fewer paths and updated signs.

I have also partially implemented a fast transit system using ice blocks and boats.

Thorin

Cool!  Hopefully you haven't blocked off my tunnel that I need to finish.
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

Lazybones

Quote from: Thorin on July 21, 2019, 05:54:20 PM
Cool!  Hopefully you haven't blocked off my tunnel that I need to finish.

I made your tunnel the basis of the main line since it ran parallel to one I previously made.. To make it less confusing I just branched off your forever home line.. I only built out the ice as far as our portal however.

I also haven't finished spawn blocking the junctions.. pig men still get in the way often.

Lazybones

A few things to note about the ice / boat tracks:

- I mined the packed ice from the Frozen Ocean, you need a silk touch pick to mine any type of ice.
- I intentionally mined the inside of a ice berg to preserve the look of the area, ice can also be mined from the ocean, and then crafted into packed ice, and then into blue ice if needed.
- Blue ice would be faster than packed ice but is more resource intense, upgrading every other packed ice block in the future would net nearly full speed.
- i have put buttons on top of the ice blocks and any normal blocks at junctions to block mob spawning on them, half slabs are used in-between
- junctions should have 3 high ceilings or you glitch a lot when you try and get off a boat
- boats can glitch and lag a bit because of how fast they can go.
- The longest run is currently from the portal near us to the neither fortress.
- auto dismount stations are possible with a cactus, hopper and dropper / chest setup, but not implemented.. Might be good to avoid dismount boat glitching.

Mr. Analog

I added some signs for me and Shax. One question though how do I  use the ice transport system?

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

By Grabthar's Hammer

Lazybones

Quote from: Mr. Analog on July 22, 2019, 06:41:12 PM
I added some signs for me and Shax. One question though how do I  use the ice transport system?

Make a boat, put it on the ice, row at faster than minecart speed. Boats work on flat ground slowly but are oddly fast on ice.

Mr. Analog

Neat

By Grabthar's Hammer