!@#$% Google Chrome

Started by Mr. Analog, September 24, 2013, 03:03:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom

Quote from: Thorin on April 29, 2014, 02:13:57 PM
Yes, that's what I was referring to :)  Got the corporate email about it, but I already knew.  Unfortunately our intranet works best on IE :(  But any external websites I go to, I visit using Chrome (98%) or Firefox (2%).

You know, I don't know that my kids even know how to start up Internet Explorer.  I don't think they recognize the icon.  We've been a Firefox/Chrome/occasionally-IceWeasel family since my oldest first started using the computer heavily.
Are you telling me they have no idea what the E means in the context of the internet? *GASP*
<Zapata Prime> I smell Stanley... And he smells good!!!

Mr. Analog

I'm pretty sure it means "Exploits"

It's like a virus download test tool :lol:
By Grabthar's Hammer

Mr. Analog

The new Firefox isn't that bad so far but the UI is a bit buggy

I press alt to show the file menu and it moves the tabs down... then when press it again there's a bunch of empty area where the menu used to be :/

Performance wise it's the same, so this just seems like mainly a UI overhaul

Edit: Oddly enough it actually takes up more vertical space than the previous version. But there's ROUNDED CORNERS (what a joke hah hah haaaa)
By Grabthar's Hammer

Lazybones

Quote from: Mr. Analog on April 29, 2014, 04:27:20 PM
Edit: Oddly enough it actually takes up more vertical space than the previous version. But there's ROUNDED CORNERS (what a joke hah hah haaaa)

Are you running a skin? There is no dead space above the tabs any more for me, so it takes up less.

There is a whats new page somewhere that outlines several new technologies supported, such as gaming input device APIs and WebRTC which makes Real-Time Communications (RTC) possible natively..

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Lazybones on April 29, 2014, 04:36:19 PM

Are you running a skin? There is no dead space above the tabs any more for me, so it takes up less.

There is a whats new page somewhere that outlines several new technologies supported, such as gaming input device APIs and WebRTC which makes Real-Time Communications (RTC) possible natively..

Nope, no skins or anything, just weirdness:

By Grabthar's Hammer

Lazybones

Quote from: Mr. Analog on April 29, 2014, 04:43:04 PM
Quote from: Lazybones on April 29, 2014, 04:36:19 PM

Nope, no skins or anything, just weirdness:

Have you ever modified your USER CSS file? You might want to take a backup of your user profile and reset to defaults.. I do not see the same space issue when I toggle the alt button / menu.

Edit: also looking at the size of the text in objects are you running normal DPI or something bigger for visibility?

Mr. Analog

I kept it vanilla, the only thing installed is adblock

Windows Extra Large Fonts (Windows XP), but I expect I'd have similar issues with Windows 7 dpi scaling* I'll give Win 7 a shot once I switch my KVM to my Win 7 machine for D&D tonight

Oddly enough I can actually read the tabs now, just looks really big compared to the previous bar, and you can't change it back to the first example unless you close and reopen the window (not ideal)

Spoiler

I had a problem with Windows 7 dpi scaling for some time when using desktop capture / video sharing software, then I found out about this rather curious bug where if you set the dpi one point either higher or lower than what you want it does the math correctly and there is no wierd offset, so if I want to show my desktop at 250% and run a Stream I have to set it to 251
[close]
By Grabthar's Hammer

Mr. Analog

In Windows 7 the bar properly resizes, that said it's still hella big

HELLA
By Grabthar's Hammer

Lazybones

Decided to put IE11, Chrome, Old FF UI and New Firefox UI side by side at a pixel level. Note that I like using a bookmark bar..

There is a difference, I don't find it gigantic.

Lazybones

Mr. Analog

Heh, well that's a bit of a problem!!
By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

Yeah, the whole TLS cert system is broken :(
<Zapata Prime> I smell Stanley... And he smells good!!!

Thorin

Interesting read.  I'd heard about OCSP and how it was supposed to handle revoked certificates, I didn't know Chrome had a separate hardcoded list.
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful