Xbox Power Cords Recall

Started by Lazybones, February 18, 2005, 12:07:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lazybones

http://replacements.webprogram.com/en-us/faqs.asp

QuoteWhy are Xbox replacement power cords needed?
The replacement power cords are designed to protect consumers and their Xbox consoles from rare electrical component failures that can pose a fire hazard.

How great is the risk?
Fewer than one in 10,000 consoles have experienced these component failures. In almost all instances, any damage caused by these failures was contained within the console itself or limited to the tip of the power cord at the back of the console.

Does my console require a replacement cord?
If it was manufactured before October 23, 2003, your console requires a replacement cord (except for consoles purchased in Continental Europe, where consoles manufactured prior to January 13, 2004 require a replacement cord). Consoles manufactured after October 23, 2003 (after January 13, 2004 for consoles purchased in Continental Europe) do not require replacement cords because design improvements to the cord and console already protect against the problems that are addressed by the replacement cords.

Shayne

I sent in for mine.  4-6 weeks.

I love how they say "you shouldnt have it plugged in when not in use".  Since i got mine (almost 3.5 years) i have had it plugged in 99.92378123% of the time.

Melbosa

Quote from: "Shayne"Since i got mine (almost 3.5 years) i have had it plugged in 99.92378123% of the time.
Is that exactly accurate? :P :lol: :D
Sometimes I Think Before I Type... Sometimes!

Shayne

Quote from: "Melbosa"Is that exactly accurate? :P :lol: :D
I'd have to check my day planner, but its probably pretty close  :rolleyes:  

Mr. Analog

So how many people have had problems with these power cords?
By Grabthar's Hammer

Shayne

1 in 10,000 of ever Xbox made before October 2003

Lazybones

Quote from: "Mr. Analog"So how many people have had problems with these power cords?
30 reported cases world wide I believe.

But who wants the risk of the house burning down.

Mr. Analog

Quote from: "Lazybones"
Quote from: "Mr. Analog"So how many people have had problems with these power cords?
30 reported cases world wide I believe.

But who wants the risk of the house burning down.
True... though I guess it depends on whats in the house and if you have insurance or not...
By Grabthar's Hammer

Shayne

Since this is being recalled, and, suppose if you had a fire...and the cause was the cable...i bet inssurance wouldnt cover it.

Lazybones