Heaven on earth for Mr. Analog?

Started by Tom, May 28, 2008, 11:44:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom

<Zapata Prime> I smell Stanley... And he smells good!!!

Mr. Analog

By Grabthar's Hammer

Thorin

For those that didn't bother clicking the link, that image is conceptual art for a game called Recoil: Retrograde, a steampunk-inspired game.

This is a great quote:

"There was a time when technology used to be accessible to the common person, everyone could be an inventor, and certainly every owner of any piece of technology was an owner-operator," Morten Iversen, the man behind the upcoming steampunk action/adventure/RPG game Recoil: Retrograde, told Ars. "Now most of the technology we use, we don't understand how it works. Maybe we understand abstractly?but I certainly couldn't make a new hard drive or even repair it. Contemporary design is also often very minimalistic?not always because someone spent long hours figuring out how to, but more often than not because it's much cheaper to mass produce that way. Steampunk is a way of flipping the bird to prepacked iPods made in China?I have one, and love it, so don't misunderstand me?but the notion of a universe dominated by machinery with 'user serviceable parts inside' offers an affectionate fantasy of a past with building and modifying everyday objects I certainly can relate to."
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

Thorin

Oh, and that face and skin colour would go really well with nice ruby-red hair :)
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful