Server Status 1.17 OLD

Started by Tom, March 17, 2012, 07:20:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lazybones

Well I am like of idling away on there... Seems like Lenny is as well.

Feel free to kick me if I don't respond to chat.

Tom

I don't particularly feel like doing it right now, so you have some time ;)
<Zapata Prime> I smell Stanley... And he smells good!!!

Mr. Analog

Well I guess that explains why people don't answer when I chat lol
By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

Had to do a little maintenance on the server. let me know if anything went wrong.

Lazybones

Quote from: Tom on August 29, 2013, 04:53:22 AM
Had to do a little maintenance on the server. let me know if anything went wrong.

Apparently my minecraft and plugins are all out of date! :)

Tom

Quote from: Lazybones on August 29, 2013, 02:14:10 PM

Quote from: Tom on August 29, 2013, 04:53:22 AM

Apparently my minecraft and plugins are all out of date! :)
I don't know what you're talking about.

* Tom walks away nonchalantly and whistles...

Mr. Analog

Thanks for the upgrade!

1.6 is awesome, I was on there for a bit last night.

Woo yeah!
By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

I tweaked the QoS/TC settings on my firewall. Added an entirely dedicated low latency stream just for minecraft. It should help make Planet Bob less laggy.

Mr. Analog

Thanks, last Saturday night / Sunday morning it was really bad for a little while
By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

Quote from: Mr. Analog on March 26, 2014, 08:27:00 PM
Thanks, last Saturday night / Sunday morning it was really bad for a little while

That /might/ have been my backups. I can't remember if that's the weekend I decided to upload all 11GB of my "important" files (none of it is actually pr0n) up to a remote server. Since it was via SSH it had priority over virtually everything unfortunately.

If I can figure out a way to switch ssh/scp transfers into a different TC bucket I will, but I still want plain ssh to be high up in the chain.

Mr. Analog

Ahh, ok

Yeah I started playing Saturday sometime and just kept... playing
By Grabthar's Hammer

Lazybones

Quote from: Tom on March 26, 2014, 08:40:43 PM

That /might/ have been my backups. I can't remember if that's the weekend I decided to upload all 11GB of my "important" files (none of it is actually pr0n) up to a remote server. Since it was via SSH it had priority over virtually everything unfortunately.

If I can figure out a way to switch ssh/scp transfers into a different TC bucket I will, but I still want plain ssh to be high up in the chain.

If you where on windows I could tell you how to setup very specific QoS tagging or throttling rules on the machine doing the transfer.

Tom

Quote from: Lazybones on March 26, 2014, 09:31:52 PM

Quote from: Tom on March 26, 2014, 08:40:43 PM

If you where on windows I could tell you how to setup very specific QoS tagging or throttling rules on the machine doing the transfer.
Well, It's probably a similar idea... but I don't want to actually limit the entire machine's ssh, just the bits doing the file transferring. But hmm. I know I can tag based on those TCP tc flags, but I'm not sure how fancy I can get with that... and if I can get ssh to only tag bulk data with 'maximize-throughput' (or one of the newer flags)... Hrm.

Tom

I fiddled with my firewall a bit today, tweaked a couple things. latency should be better I hope. getting like 10-20ms to google from 40+. had tcp-acks in the wrong bucket and I enabled a fancy tcp low latency kernel option.

Mr. Analog

By Grabthar's Hammer