Minecraft Community Spotlight - RedPower

Started by Lazybones, May 01, 2012, 09:42:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lazybones

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lDH3kmoaGbQ

Complicated but at the same time seems to fix so many things wrong  with redstone.

Tom

<Zapata Prime> I smell Stanley... And he smells good!!!

Mr. Analog

That looks pretty cool and the video is hilarious :D
By Grabthar's Hammer

Lazybones

the wiring and logic components are the first thing that interests me.

The computers would be rather cool for building vaults.... You could have real passwords.

Tom

Buildcraft and Industrialcraft are pretty awesome too.

Lazybones

Quote from: Tom on May 01, 2012, 09:53:02 AM
Buildcraft and Industrialcraft are pretty awesome too.

Ya I was looking at another webcast where those add oil and rubber trees to the environment.

Tom

Battlegear is awesome too. Yogscast has some good videos on all of these mods. I suggest watching them :)

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Tom on May 01, 2012, 10:08:36 AM
Battlegear is awesome too. Yogscast has some good videos on all of these mods. I suggest watching them :)

Battlegear looked like WAAAAAAAAAAY too much fun hahaha

*dual wielding swords!
By Grabthar's Hammer

Thorin

Man, imagine being able to make a NOR latch in one block instead 1 high x 3 wide x 3 deep or 2 high x 1 wide x 2 deep.  Imagine being able to run a wire next to another wire through the same block.  Imagine being able to hide your wiring without requiring a 5 high x 10 wide x 10 deep room behind a wall or underground.  That'd all sure make those train stations easier :)
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

Mr. Analog

Having the bundled lines and logic gates in a single block is a big deal for sure.

Half the battle with Redstone is figuring out how to make stuff work through its limitations.
By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

The only problem is it usually takes them a while to get RP2 updated to new SMP versions. Which is unfortunate.

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Tom on May 01, 2012, 01:52:20 PM
The only problem is it usually takes them a while to get RP2 updated to new SMP versions. Which is unfortunate.

Yep, kind of a fault with all mod packs...
By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

Quote from: Mr. Analog on May 01, 2012, 01:54:51 PM
Quote from: Tom on May 01, 2012, 01:52:20 PM

Yep, kind of a fault with all mod packs...
But, if people think its worth it, I really don't mind installing a mod or two.

Thorin

Some mods update much faster than others mostly because there's a lot less code involved to the mod.  The Red Power mod I imagine is a lot of code that needs to be checked and possibly altered every time there's a Minecraft release.
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful