Holiday season 2023

Started by Mr. Analog, December 18, 2023, 03:09:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr. Analog

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas, everywhere I go...

I'm really looking forward to the holidays, it's starting to get difficult to concentrate on work already haha

I'm sure we'll talk before the festivities are over but just in case HAPPY HOLIDAYS!

I wish everyone the very best
By Grabthar's Hammer

Thorin

Happy Holidays to you, too!

Today is my last day of work, then I'm off until the 2nd. I told my team at standup this morning that I'm not starting anything new, just wrapping up whatever work's on my plate right now (which is mostly code reviews).
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

Mr. Analog

That's awesome!  I'm working up until noon Friday but beyond developing and running some db scripts on prod I don't have much going on. I'm not sure what I should do the rest of the week lol
By Grabthar's Hammer

Melbosa

NAIT official shutdown is December 23-Jan 2, but I'm sure we'll be let go Dec 22 early. I'm not doing any extra holidays this year.
Sometimes I Think Before I Type... Sometimes!

Lazybones

I have the 23 to 7th off this year.. looking forward to relaxing.

Also going to apologize in advance if my servers go offline a bunch while I re-wire / re-arrange my network gear lol.

Mr. Analog

By Grabthar's Hammer

Melbosa

I got two new servers last week, so I'll be trying to bring those up. Some 2x 730xds with 256GB of Ram, and 12TB of 10K SAS drives. I'm thinking of getting some Dell SATA chasis and putting in some SATA SSDs when they go on sale next. Have that in my current server which, once I get these new servers up will finally have that one ready for sale, and haven't had one fail yet.

Lazybones

Need to convert some things to smaller devices or rack mount devices but getting there in my clean up.

The current "FIREWALL" and UPS are sitting on top for now.. Everything else is is in the wall cabinet or the server cabinet now.

All of this stuff has been just sitting on the plastic shelves open below since I moved in.. Nice to have it mostly organized now..

This is all in my garage.

You cannot view this attachment.

Mr. Analog

Twas the night before Christmas

By Grabthar's Hammer

Melbosa

This was my before and after in my basement:

Its since had some more work done to it, I have a monitor on top, and switched to Telus + Ooma home phone. I've also wired  in my house indoor ceiling speakers and added a sound system for them.

Mr. Analog

By Grabthar's Hammer