Whoever's doing this please stop!

Started by Mr. Analog, October 23, 2012, 10:48:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr. Analog

Look at this:
http://mc.tomasu.org/#/1477/64/20976/-7/0/0

Stop doing it.

We have a major patch coming soon that's going to add all sorts of cool stuff and some people are just wandering around generating empty territory and not using it.

Stop doing it.

Find a place, settle it, develop it and THEN move.

Start doing that.

/get off my lawn :D
By Grabthar's Hammer

Mr. Analog

Tom, is it possible to delete/remove chunks that no one has built anything in?
By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

Quote from: Mr. Analog on October 23, 2012, 10:51:32 AM
Tom, is it possible to delete/remove chunks that no one has built anything in?
Yup, and if noone minds too much I'll be deleting as many unused chunks as I can :) once I figure out how to do it properly.
<Zapata Prime> I smell Stanley... And he smells good!!!

Thorin

You will need to take a good look at the chunks you want to delete, though.  In some cases people have travelled a ways and then put together a settlement (e.g. http://mc.tomasu.org/#/9768/64/1716/-1/0/0).  What if they'd built wayhouses along the way?  Probably the best is to post on here that you plan to delete chunks in a certain large area and then we can help you determine if there's any construction that'll get deleted.

I've looked over much of the map pretty closely looking for interesting builds for the travel guide, and I'm pretty sure any chunk south of Z: 11,000 can be deleted (in other words, if the Z value is greater than +11,000).
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

Tom

Quote from: Thorin on October 23, 2012, 11:34:17 AM
You will need to take a good look at the chunks you want to delete, though.  In some cases people have travelled a ways and then put together a settlement (e.g. http://mc.tomasu.org/#/9768/64/1716/-1/0/0).  What if they'd built wayhouses along the way?  Probably the best is to post on here that you plan to delete chunks in a certain large area and then we can help you determine if there's any construction that'll get deleted.

I've looked over much of the map pretty closely looking for interesting builds for the travel guide, and I'm pretty sure any chunk south of Z: 11,000 can be deleted (in other words, if the Z value is greater than +11,000).
I think the best thing to do is ask for everyone to tell me what exactly I /can/ delete.

Thorin

Well I'll help you figure out some of the more obvious areas when I have time.  I do spend a fair bit of time poking around the map seeing what's new.
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

Mr. Analog

Honestly I think most people have created portals in the nether to travel long distances... (I could be wrong).

Either way let's get rid of unused crap (particularly open ocean with nothing in it)
By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

Quote from: Mr. Analog on October 23, 2012, 11:44:13 AM
Honestly I think most people have created portals in the nether to travel long distances... (I could be wrong).

Either way let's get rid of unused crap (particularly open ocean with nothing in it)
Also, if I get people to tell me what I can delete, we may get some areas closer to spawn that people don't care about anymore. If those can be re-generated, we'd have stuff closer.