Fragapalooza 2014 (Aug 7 - 10)

Started by Mr. Analog, April 23, 2014, 01:16:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr. Analog

Believe me I know it

Particularly when all the things people complain about when it comes to why server-side enforced DRM is dumb start coming true.

For example, EA is shutting down servers for a lot of multiplayer games (Battlefield 2, Crysis 1 & 2, Medal of Honor: Allied Assault, Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2, and Star Wars: Battlefront 1 & 2, etc). So the people who bought legit copies of these games are stuck without online gameplay yet those who have hacked versions running hacked servers are just fine.

Other than being on the wrong side of copyright law the Pirates win every time.
By Grabthar's Hammer

Mr. Analog

I bought a new gaming rig today

Core i7, 8 GB RAM, DVD r/w, GTX760

Time to retire my old XP machine with the dodgy power wooh
By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

Nice! I hope you got W7 with it.

I'll continue using my upgraded old machine. I so rarely use my desktop that a full replacement makes no sense. The upgrades didn't make a lot of sense either :( but meh, I got a new motherboard to see if I could get regular boards to work with my LSI controllers, and it turns out, most times, no. So I then had a new AM3+ mobo that is more than capable of running the new FX-8xxx chips, so for the hell of it I also got a FX-8320 to replace my old Phenom II 810.

I'm going to need to do some system testing this time around before frag, so I have a desktop to actually use ::) if I need a new gpu, I'll have to get one.
<Zapata Prime> I smell Stanley... And he smells good!!!

Mr. Analog

Yep, Win 7 64 bit, I wouldn't settle for less.

I'm supposed to get my new workstation tomorrow, I may spend part of May Long upgrading it from Win 8.1 to Win 7 ;)
By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

Hahaha. Nice.

I'm tempted to bring my new vm server for frag, but I'm not sure frag needs a vm server. I know I wont really need it.

Mr. Analog

You could set up host VMs for games

A dedicated TF2 server with a GOOD map rotation would be AWESOME

(no Dust Bowl, 2Fort or Gold Rush just sweet sweet Thunder Mountain and Barn Blitz 24/4)
By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

They typically have a beefy box in the back. Not sure who administers it though.

Mr. Analog

JOY!

My computer is going to be delivered TODAY TOMORROW

:dance:

Still, pretty good!
By Grabthar's Hammer

Melbosa

Quote from: Tom on May 14, 2014, 05:22:08 PM
They typically have a beefy box in the back. Not sure who administers it though.

Kyrin on our Security Staff provides the TF2 VMs.  And yes it is a beefy host!
Sometimes I Think Before I Type... Sometimes!

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Mr. Analog on May 22, 2014, 08:31:29 AM
JOY!

My computer is going to be delivered TODAY TOMORROW

:dance:

Still, pretty good!

Ooh just got another update it's out for delivery

THE DOWNSIDE to all this is I didn't get to sleep until after 4 AM and I'm running on fumes right now. I hope I can find the energy to at least get it set up today so I can play some games tomorrow
By Grabthar's Hammer

Mr. Analog

IT'S HERE!

of course I was in a meeting when I got buzzed but IT'S HERE

*dies*
By Grabthar's Hammer

Melbosa

Sometimes I Think Before I Type... Sometimes!

Mr. Analog

By Grabthar's Hammer

Mr. Analog

I got a free copy of WATCH_DOGS with my new machine!

;_;

this day has been ups and downs I can tell ya
By Grabthar's Hammer

Thorin

You know, this is what they give us "personal days" for - to just take a day off with no notice because NEW COMPUTER

And congrats, by the way.
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful