Cities: Skylines

Started by Mr. Analog, March 10, 2015, 09:36:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr. Analog

I've mentioned this before in another thread, Cities: Skylines is a city builder (worthy of Sim City). I noticed that a few of you have it already which is awesome, I look forward to seeing your cities!

http://store.steampowered.com/app/255710/

It's launching at 18:00 CET today, I expect I won't get much done after work!
By Grabthar's Hammer

Mr. Analog

Dang it! It only took 10 minutes to download...

Now I have to wait until lunch at least

(I should have taken the day off lol)
By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

Soo I bought it, and tried playing, but the ui is a bit messed up :( can't select a map, and when actually entering whatever map it gives me, the place objects graphic overlay isn't showing :( maybe an artifact of using opengl/intel graphics? :( Not having a problem with fps at all. And this gpu does opengl 3.3 so it does all/most of the things.
<Zapata Prime> I smell Stanley... And he smells good!!!

Melbosa

Man... now I want the afternoon off... thx Mr. Analog!
Sometimes I Think Before I Type... Sometimes!

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Melbosa on March 10, 2015, 12:32:07 PM
Man... now I want the afternoon off... thx Mr. Analog!

ME TOO

Believe me

I loaded the menu up to make sure my video settings were correct for later... THE URGE TO CLICK START NEW WAS STRONG
By Grabthar's Hammer

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Tom on March 10, 2015, 12:12:31 PM
Soo I bought it, and tried playing, but the ui is a bit messed up :( can't select a map, and when actually entering whatever map it gives me, the place objects graphic overlay isn't showing :( maybe an artifact of using opengl/intel graphics? :( Not having a problem with fps at all. And this gpu does opengl 3.3 so it does all/most of the things.

Have you hit their support forums yet? From what I understand there was a lot of beta testing, maybe there's something easy that fixes this?
By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

Quote from: Mr. Analog on March 10, 2015, 01:04:29 PM
Quote from: Tom on March 10, 2015, 12:12:31 PM

Have you hit their support forums yet? From what I understand there was a lot of beta testing, maybe there's something easy that fixes this?
Yeah, it seems a LOT of people are having issues. Even the same one's im having, but no resolution yet. It won't even launch on my desktop...

Thorin

Good QA are worth their weight in gold.  I keep repeating this, and also that good QA are more valuable than developers, because they're harder to find and have more impact on your customers' first impression of your software than what the developers do.

Just sayin', maybe they could have spent a little more time testing various configurations.
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

Tom

Oh, I got my desktop working. turns out it may have been a Steam bug as a steam update fixed the black screen launch.

Laptop not fixed, but I can stream the game from my desktop to my laptop and it "just works". hahaha. Local steam streaming is rather decent i must say.

Mr. Analog

Nice! Have fun and post a screenshot of your city!
By Grabthar's Hammer

Mr. Analog

GAME...

GAME...

GAME...

What happen? My little town turned into... a not little town
By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

This is what I have so far. :o

Thorin

looks like a fun game, and the renders sure look nice
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

Mr. Analog

I stopped playing a little while ago but I already want to play more

I am surprised by the depth of game play, building stuff has consequences down the road

Like when my place started as a small town I wasn't even thinking about building hard to move facilities close to where a major highway should go and I spent almost 2 years moving graves between grave sites so I could build a darn highway and reduce the crazy amount of traffic near the cloverleaf the game starts you with. Or when I added a hydro dam to the river and started to panic when I saw the water level rise on the one side!

GAME
By Grabthar's Hammer

Lazybones

Quote from: Mr. Analog on March 10, 2015, 11:59:43 PM
I added a hydro dam to the river and started to panic when I saw the water level rise on the one side!

DAMIT where is my wallet!