Cities: Skylines

Started by Mr. Analog, March 10, 2015, 09:36:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom

Hmm, I played a bit late :o

<Zapata Prime> I smell Stanley... And he smells good!!!

Mr. Analog

I should have just played more I got virtually no sleep last night
By Grabthar's Hammer

Thorin

Wow, that's built up a lot Tom.

And yeah, Mr. A, you should have just played through the night and then taken a sick day :P

Also, in Tom's view there it shows one residential area that's 7 blocks short-side by 4 blocks long-side.  Using that as a guide, the total city is about 35 by 18 blocks in total size.  At 250 feet for a short-side and 500 feet for a long-side, that's about 8,750 feet by 9,000 feet, or 1.6572 miles by 1.705 miles.  Lets round it to 2 miles by 2 miles, and the entire city is only 4 square miles.  For comparison, Red Deer is about 40 square miles.
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

Mr. Analog

I knew I should have booked time off! :)

Turns out you can make farms by setting up policies (inhabitants will turn land marked for industrial use into farmland, though the parcels are small [game developed in Europe so...])

Turns out you can do a lot of interesting things by setting up districts as well, if my fuzzy memory of 3 AM isn't failing me I think you can even change taxation levels per district

Also you can set up tube stations and operate multiple lines. FINALLY! I can set up the Circle Line and then shut it down all the time for maintenance
By Grabthar's Hammer

Melbosa

LOL Mr. Analog.

And yeah I played a bit as well.
Sometimes I Think Before I Type... Sometimes!

Mr. Analog

Nice!

I like how everyone else is grids :D
By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

Quote from: Mr. Analog on March 11, 2015, 09:51:17 AM
Nice!

I like how everyone else is grids :D
I was trying to spice things up a bit, but it makes it harder to manage traffic :o
<Zapata Prime> I smell Stanley... And he smells good!!!

Melbosa

Mr. Analog

Wow woo wee wah

Urge to play very strong... I have some other priorities tonight b'oh!
By Grabthar's Hammer

Darren Dirt

Quote from: Mr. Analog on March 11, 2015, 09:18:52 AM
Also you can set up tube stations and operate multiple lines. FINALLY! I can set up the Circle Line and then shut it down all the time for maintenance

Will never be fully emotionally satisfying until you can also make the escalators TO THE TUBE be down for maintenance every damn day.

Strive for progress. Not perfection.

Mr. Analog

By Grabthar's Hammer

Lazybones

O its 11 pm just a little longer, look up again 1am. DAMIT!

Fyi the only thing I don't like is building roads. They never seem to line up or join how I want.

Melbosa

I have to run it with Graphics down to make it smooth.  Not sure why as I can run Evolve with all graphics on.

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Lazybones on March 13, 2015, 09:04:59 AM
O its 11 pm just a little longer, look up again 1am. DAMIT!

Fyi the only thing I don't like is building roads. They never seem to line up or join how I want.

I've only played one night and yeah, that's basically exactly it, just like Sim City back in the day

I wish there was a road guideline that you could tweak after setting the points rather than having to weirdly click around to get the shape you want, I mean imagine drag handles you could shape the road with and THEN choose to commit
By Grabthar's Hammer

Lazybones

Some shots of my current city