By Grabthar's Hammer

Darren Dirt

Quote from: Mr. Analog on March 17, 2015, 08:55:23 AM
Quote from: Darren Dirt on March 17, 2015, 08:51:32 AM
Quote from: Melbosa on March 17, 2015, 12:54:47 AM
Started a new one... like this one better :D

You mis-spelled "Melonville".  ;D

Where's the 3 Door Mall?

Being renovated; the annual bus races have moved to downtown this year.

Strive for progress. Not perfection.

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Darren Dirt on March 17, 2015, 08:58:27 AM
Quote from: Mr. Analog on March 17, 2015, 08:55:23 AM
Quote from: Darren Dirt on March 17, 2015, 08:51:32 AM
Quote from: Melbosa on March 17, 2015, 12:54:47 AM
Started a new one... like this one better :D

You mis-spelled "Melonville".  ;D

Where's the 3 Door Mall?

Being renovated; the annual bus races have moved to downtown this year.

It's Polynesiatown all over again
By Grabthar's Hammer

Darren Dirt

Strive for progress. Not perfection.

Melbosa

Quote from: Tom on March 17, 2015, 01:24:58 AM
Are those all roundabouts? or hand made circular roads? (sadly they don't behave the same afaik)

Both.  If you want to make your own Round-About you have to use directional roads.  I've made my own 6 laners, like the Southern entrance in my first pick.
Sometimes I Think Before I Type... Sometimes!

Lazybones

Quote from: Melbosa on March 17, 2015, 09:28:57 AM
Are those all roundabouts? or hand made circular roads? (sadly they don't behave the same afaik)

Both.  If you want to make your own Round-About you have to use directional roads.  I've made my own 6 laners, like the Southern entrance in my first pick.

FYI if you use roads larger than 2 lane it adds traffic lights to nearly every intersection, this reduces the efficiency of the roundabout the special 3 lane high capacity roundabout has none..  I am almost tempted to start over now with what I know about commercial and industrial traffic, use ONLY two lane roads and highways with complicated on off amps.

Melbosa

Quote from: Lazybones on March 17, 2015, 09:57:05 AM
Quote from: Melbosa on March 17, 2015, 09:28:57 AM

FYI if you use roads larger than 2 lane it adds traffic lights to nearly every intersection, this reduces the efficiency of the roundabout the special 3 lane high capacity roundabout has none..  I am almost tempted to start over now with what I know about commercial and industrial traffic, use ONLY two lane roads and highways with complicated on off amps.

I have to disagree about the roundabout as I have made my own 3 lane directional roundabouts and there are no traffic lights.  While I can't speak to the regular roads, I can say for sure the roundabouts built with directional lanes will not have traffic lights.

Thorin

I think the City of Edmonton should buy a few copies of this game and distribute it amongst their city planners.  Maybe they'd get better at planning cities.
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

Mr. Analog

QuoteColossal Order's SimCity-like game, Cities: Skylines, sold more than half a million copies in its first week. The first 250,000 of those were sold in the first 24 hours, making it the fastest-selling game its publisher, Paradox Interactive, has ever released. Only a week before Skylines was released, game publisher Electronic Arts announced that it was shutting down SimCity developer Maxis' studio in Emeryville, which it acquired in 1997.

"I feel so bad about Maxis closing down," Colossal Order CEO Mariina Hallikainen said. "The older SimCitys were really the inspiration for us to even consider making a city builder." At the same time, Hallikainen admits SimCity's mistakes were Colossal Order's opportunity. "If SimCity was a huge success, which is what we expected, I don't know if Skylines would have ever happened," she said, explaining that it would have been a harder pitch to sell to Paradox if the new SimCity dominated the market.

http://games.slashdot.org/story/15/03/17/1817202/simcitys-empire-has-fallen-and-skylines-is-picking-up-the-pieces

Uhh! Wow!
By Grabthar's Hammer

Melbosa

Melbosa

Melbosa

Melbosa

Melbosa

And finally Uptown Melville where Penthouse Suites start at $10M :P