Fragapalooza 2016 (20 year anniversarry)

Started by Mr. Analog, April 06, 2016, 07:57:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Melbosa

Sure.  Where do you guys want to sit?  I can put a reservation in for the logins, just confirm me your logins so I have them right.
Sometimes I Think Before I Type... Sometimes!

Lazybones

Quote from: Melbosa on June 26, 2016, 03:14:33 PM
Sure.  Where do you guys want to sit?  I can put a reservation in for the logins, just confirm me your logins so I have them right.

Isn't it always where do you NOT want to sit?

- not near the wash-rooms (smell)
- not in the middle of an isle (difficult to move have to step over stuff)
- not beside the stage speakers or loud vendors (loud)
- not right at the doors were there is high traffic

Melbosa

Quote from: Lazybones on June 26, 2016, 09:26:51 PM
Quote from: Melbosa on June 26, 2016, 03:14:33 PM

Isn't it always where do you NOT want to sit?

- not near the wash-rooms (smell)
- not in the middle of an isle (difficult to move have to step over stuff)
- not beside the stage speakers or loud vendors (loud)
- not right at the doors were there is high traffic
LOL can tell you haven't been in a while.  Only your last point is really applicable now.  The rest is handled by the venue we have - lots of room, washrooms/showers well outside the area, and the speakers are on the opposite side of the participants, same with sponsors.

So lots of options :D

Mr. Analog

I think roughly where I always sit, I can take the end of the row?

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

By Grabthar's Hammer

Melbosa

Quote from: Mr. Analog on June 27, 2016, 06:52:46 AM
I think roughly where I always sit, I can take the end of the row?

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk
Hey if you look on the seating map there is Row #s.  Just tell me what Row and I'll make it happen.

Mr. Analog

By Grabthar's Hammer

Melbosa

Melbosa

Don't forget to order your merchandise now that its up in the store!!!

Tom

I'd love to order, but I'm incomeless :(

speaking of such things, I intend to go, but that will be hard to afford :(
<Zapata Prime> I smell Stanley... And he smells good!!!

Lazybones

For fun I did the math with newleaf.. They only have 1 flight each of those weeks on the start and end of frag but also at the END of the day and early the last day.

$258.00 CAD round trip, one small checked bag $0
04 Aug 2016    17:50 YXX    22:00 YEG
07 Aug 2016    08:00 YEG    10:09 YXX

Melbosa

Quote from: Lazybones on June 28, 2016, 04:01:25 PM
For fun I did the math with newleaf.. They only have 1 flight each of those weeks on the start and end of frag but also at the END of the day and early the last day.

But you can't put a price tag on the best time August 4-7th you will have this year!

Lazybones

Quote from: Melbosa on June 28, 2016, 04:05:28 PM

But you can't put a price tag on the best time August 4-7th you will have this year!

I guess.... It isn't much cheaper than westjets cheapest at $290... Also look at the times.. would miss most of the first day and the last day. At least with westjet I could fly in earlier / later.

Apparently to get double digit costs you have to be the first to book or something..

Melbosa

Quote from: Lazybones on June 28, 2016, 04:07:47 PM

I guess.... It isn't much cheaper than westjets cheapest at $290... Also look at the times.. would miss most of the first day and the last day. At least with westjet I could fly in earlier / later.

Apparently to get double digit costs you have to be the first to book or something..
We miss you buddy... would be nice to see you out! :D

Thorin

Quote from: Lazybones on June 28, 2016, 04:07:47 PM

I don't think double-digit cost flights to Edmonton are possible.  I think they were advertising that as the price the airline charges before all the fees are added.  I'm pretty sure there's more than a hundred added on in fees.

Also, I'm not too sold on NewLeaf.  Like, the flights are supposed to be cheaper, but they're only barely; they have a terrible schedule; and all those things you take for granted (having any amount of luggage, for instance) costs extra.
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

Tom

My expectation is they are selling tickets the airlines find it harder to fill...
<Zapata Prime> I smell Stanley... And he smells good!!!