Fragapalooza Thread

Started by Mr. Analog, March 29, 2005, 09:46:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fedora Gal

bah went to register today and wouldn't let me make a new account :(

don't have my pword anymore and can't do the email recovery because it's my old telus account....heh it's not been my luck with computers for the last couple of days that's for sure.

Anyway, I've taken pretty much a whole week off to come out and visit all you crazies in Edmonton.

Any plans for a hotel room?
When the going gets tough, the tough make lemonade!

Mr. Analog

Tonnica and I are probabably going to split a room...
By Grabthar's Hammer

Melbosa

I have already booked the usual 2 bed room, so welcome to share with me, any who is in.
Sometimes I Think Before I Type... Sometimes!

Mr. Analog

Do they have discounted rates for Frag peeps?
By Grabthar's Hammer

Melbosa

Aye they do if you tell them your attending the event.

Fedora Gal

I'll definately split the cost with you Mel, and any others who'll be needing sleeping facilities...about how much is the room per night, so I know how much moolah I need to save....did you request a fridge? as I noticed no coolers aloud on the floor this year.

Melbosa

Requests for fridges are done at the checkin.  Looks like cause I stated would be roughly 4 of us (didn't know who was in/who wasn't) its $160/Night at 3 nights.

Lazybones

I'm interested in splitting the room melbosa. Also I think I am going to be on the look out for a stealth cooler..

Placing my collapsible cooler in my duffel bag worked OK last year but I think I want to find a better solution.

Should probably look at getting something like this fan, too bad they are out of stock. Might be fun to hook up a USB hub and have 5 of those blowing at once ;)

Mr. Analog

FYI, USB and battery powered fans are A-OK by the staff...

...in case anyone cares, that is.
By Grabthar's Hammer

Mr. Analog

Only 15 "earlybird" draw spots left, if you want in you will have to pay for your registration and answer the skill testing question very soon.
By Grabthar's Hammer

Fedora Gal

I'm all set, I took the isle seat :P

hehe, anyway, I guess next on my list is the games, I've noticed a few on the frag ws, but since I've been out of the Lan loop, what have you guys been playing?

Lazybones

Quote from: "Shaeleam"I'm all set, I took the isle seat :P

hehe, anyway, I guess next on my list is the games, I've noticed a few on the frag ws, but since I've been out of the Lan loop, what have you guys been playing?
That's one of my problem, I HAVEN'T been plaing many LAN games.

I thought LOTR: Battle for Middle Earth was cool.. Need to give that one another shot.

Melbosa

Quote from: "Shaeleam"I'm all set, I took the isle seat :P
Kewl we need someone to sit on the "bags with coolers".  Traditionally we just put our "stuff" on the isle seat.  But hey we could always use someone to watch it :P

Mr. Analog

Games I know I will be playing:

-UT2K4
-COD
-BF: V
-RoN
-**MAYBE** CS:S

Games I want to play (but probably won't):
-Battlefield2
-Tribes: Vengence

And of course my new favourite game:
-Network leech!
By Grabthar's Hammer

Mr. Analog

I also want to get a new CPU sometime before July...
By Grabthar's Hammer