Fragapalooza Thread

Started by Mr. Analog, March 29, 2005, 09:46:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr. Analog

Quote from: "Cova"Only 2 cases?  We're going to need a lot more than that before the event is over I think.  Have a feeling Mel and I will be raiding the staff Bawls supply many times during the event.
Well, go right ahead, if you pre-order it's a bit cheaper than full retail.
By Grabthar's Hammer

Mr. Analog

Hey uhh, are we getting our seating locked so we can spread out a bit? Is it too late?  
By Grabthar's Hammer

Mr. Analog

Quote from: "Shayne"
Quote from: "Mr. Analog"I also ordered 2x cases of Bawls for y'all, on me.
You're a beard away from being Santa Claus.

Ho ho ho!
By Grabthar's Hammer

Melbosa

Quote from: "Shayne"Anyone else get this in their email 4 times?  haha.

*off topic* can we get a "quick reply" button in this forum please?
Done, sorry missed that on this forum.
Sometimes I Think Before I Type... Sometimes!

Melbosa

Quote from: "Cova"Only 2 cases?  We're going to need a lot more than that before the event is over I think.  Have a feeling Mel and I will be raiding the staff Bawls supply many times during the event.
Gowd I hope they have a supply.

Melbosa

More Info:

QuoteHey Everyone;

This is going out to everyone, but it's most relevant for setup volunteers. Those of you who can make it tomorrow, we'll meet at the Mayfield at 9am. First thing is to pick up the truck and then get all the equipment from storage. We have a truck rented from 10am - 3pm.
We will work Tuesday probably very late (4am+). Stay as long as you can/spare/need to. For Wed. hopefully we troubleshoot and setup registration.
Those of you who work Thursday morning's registration - try and be there before 8am, preferably 7:45 if you can.
One final note; we try to do the very best we can to feed our volunteers. However, sponsorship money has been very, very tight this year, so I must apologize in advance and ask you to take care that you bring money/food/lunches/beverages as needed. I will try to get you something to eat (pizza) for dinner for those who are putting in a monster shift tomorrow and Wed. But at least bring some lunches/snacks and water.
That's all for now. I really appreciate your help. :-)

Cheers!
Mike Smith
VP Fragapalooza
P.S. If anyone who knows a caterer/fast food place who would like to sponsor us for sandwiches - I am all ears. By all means, use your connections as much as you can - for any food for that matter. It's just that we all get so sick of pizza after 4 days (and I happen to like sandwiches:) ). By sponsorship I mean they are willing to give us food for free or very cheap. Otherwise, it's not worth the hassle to arrange for this unless we get it for at least 50% off. If you think you have a valid lead, let me know ASAP via phone (780) 970-7886 to make promotional arrangements.

Mr. Analog

WTF is up with our seating they've totally split us up :angry:

I don't want to be hanging on the end like that either...
By Grabthar's Hammer

Shayne

holy $h!t!  What happened?  Im really worred of what might be in the "gap" now.  i dont want to be in an area thats constantly under heavy traffic.

Seats: 4032 - 4038 & 4056 - 4057 are vacant, might be a backup?  Is their anyway we can change positions?

I'm also liking 3756 - 3760 & 3780 - 3783 but those are next to the wall and its a pretty big gap their too.

Shayne

If we can get 3542 & 3543 to move down a few their is a huge group of greens their as well.

Mr. Analog

Well need chairs that are opposite the corridors not the tables, the squares that are together represent machines on the same tables, the gaps are the spaces between the tables, so we want something that looks like:

not

Man this really sux...
By Grabthar's Hammer

Shayne

I get what your saying.  my 3rd pick where those 2 red on one table, and the 2 red on the other (inside the yellow box) is where we wanna be.

Mr. Analog

Hopefully the admins let us move, 'cause for now:

QuoteSeat reservations closed, you may change seats at the event, see you soon!
By Grabthar's Hammer

Shayne

Since their is NO WAY im gonna make it before 6 on Friday, if we move seats, can somebody PLEASE save me one?  I dont know how thats gonna work, but PLEASE :)

Mr. Analog

Quote from: "Shayne"Since their is NO WAY im gonna make it before 6 on Friday, if we move seats, can somebody PLEASE save me one?  I dont know how thats gonna work, but PLEASE :)
I got ya covered!
By Grabthar's Hammer

Shayne

QuoteWe made a post about the possible seating changes back before registration opened. We get charged per table, so it doesn't make any sense to have empty tables.

I had to make a best-guess when it came to changing the seating...send me a PMSG tonight and I will try and put you guys back together again. Please include the seats you want to have. If I don't hear back from you tonight, it will be too late.

That goes for anyone who got moved today. We try and do the best we can, but sometimes @%&# happens. I will do my best to fix it for you! Smile

For the love of god, i hope you see this message Mr.A or Melbosa, or whoever else wants to spearhead this operation.