Where are Wii

Started by Lazybones, November 20, 2006, 08:45:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shayne

Not nearly as bad as when they smashed the X360 and the PS3.  Those were in seriously hot demand.

Tom

See Lazy's sig :P The Wii is ALSO in serious hot demand. theres just more of them available.
<Zapata Prime> I smell Stanley... And he smells good!!!

Tonnica

Zelda's on the top of my list of WANT -> GET right now. I already know the Baseline EB is sold out as well as the Clairview Future Shop, EB, and Wal*Mart. I would have bought a copy on the 19th but they were already sold out when I arrived! Next on my list is determening if Red Steel or CoD3 is more worth it to get.

In the meantime, I have Tales of Symphonia and Wii Sports to play. That'll keep me busy.

(I also got a Wii today thanks to hitching a lift with Lazybones)

Darren Dirt

Yeah, it's the same guys as SmashMyiPod, SmashMyXBox etc. -- Ben something.

I don't think they dressed up as [insert well-known Sony character here] when smashing the PS3 ;)

Nice choice of songs, too "What's wrong with a little destruction..."

Strive for progress. Not perfection.

Darren Dirt

Yeah, I expected a lot of flying-remote problems/injuries to be reported within hours of launch. Especially if eating microwave popcorn while playing ;D

PS: Fans of Warioware and Mario Party and PacMan Fever... Say it with me... MINI-GAMES 8) You excited? Mii too... :)

Wikipedia has a few detailed Category pages already up, for those wondering about getting a list of game titles, etc.

Shayne

Quote from: Darren Dirt on November 21, 2006, 12:43:36 PM
Yeah, I expected that to happen within hours of launch. Especially if eating microwave popcorn while playing ;D

Any person who would eat any sort of greasy food and then touch my controllers would die a swift and painful death.  Eat, wash, then play

Darren Dirt

Quote from: Shayne on November 21, 2006, 12:47:28 PM
Any person who would eat any sort of greasy food and then touch my controllers would die a swift and painful death.  Eat, wash, then play
Agreed. ;D

Oh, and sorry, just edited my posting that you quoted, as you posted...

Lazybones

I managed to snag Zelda on launch day so I have both... going to have to wait till I get home to check them out.

There is a chance the Wii might see some action before the end of the work day.

Shayne

I would suggest bringing it by Druids on Friday, but then I wonder how much Heroscape we will get in :P

Darren Dirt

Quote from: Shayne on November 21, 2006, 12:42:32 PM
Don't swing too hard: http://www.flickr.com/photos/67362032@N00/302442728/in/set-72157594385230468/

LOL check out some of the comments...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/67362032@N00/302442723/
troykshafer says:

you should go on over to fark.com and see the comments their posting about you and you're gentle 7yr old.

1. a plastic remote does not shatter a screen that way unless it was thrown pretty hard.

2. I would call into question the quality of your TV and the motor skills of your seven year old.

3. If you're going to slam a company, why not slam the company that purposely shipped a small number of consoles to ensure hype and free media attention and not the company with a fair price and 2 million units available.

^_^

Shayne

If you listen to this weeks 1Up podcast they talk a lot about the Wii, and it would not surprise me in the least that you could break the strap and a TV by the stories they share on the air of how people bowl, or play tennis.

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Darren Dirt on November 21, 2006, 12:52:57 PM
Quote from: Shayne on November 21, 2006, 12:42:32 PM
Don't swing too hard: http://www.flickr.com/photos/67362032@N00/302442728/in/set-72157594385230468/

LOL check out some of the comments...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/67362032@N00/302442723/
troykshafer says:

you should go on over to fark.com and see the comments their posting about you and you're gentle 7yr old.

1. a plastic remote does not shatter a screen that way unless it was thrown pretty hard.

2. I would call into question the quality of your TV and the motor skills of your seven year old.

3. If you're going to slam a company, why not slam the company that purposely shipped a small number of consoles to ensure hype and free media attention and not the company with a fair price and 2 million units available.

^_^

Point 3 is rather silly. I think there will always be stupid people on a console launch trying to cash in. Remember the XBox 360 where people were suing because they pre-ordered XBoxes and there weren't enough? Or the people who tried to get a class action suit together over the overheating XBoxes? Or the people who tried to claim that the transformer / power supply was too hot?

It's all crap.
By Grabthar's Hammer

Lazybones

For those that wanted to know, YES there are batteries in the box. The unit comes with EVERYTHING short of an SDcard to store saves..

Now the hunt is on for a second WiiMote and Nunchuck.

P.S. The Wii mote is FREAKING SMALL and LITE! It doesn't have much mass even with some batteries in it.. You would have to be pitching REALLY REALLY hard to do the damage in thouse pictures, but I could see some over zelus players doing it.

Tom

QuoteThe unit comes with EVERYTHING short of an SDcard to store saves..
It comes with 512MB built in NAND flash. If you don't care about tranfering your saves, just make do ;) Though you can transfer saved back and forth from the internal and external flash.
<Zapata Prime> I smell Stanley... And he smells good!!!