Awesomenauts

Started by Mr. Analog, August 17, 2012, 04:40:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lazybones

Ya the piggy bank and the lump sum health boost for some characters is a big thing.

My main issue with Leon is his speed vs his range... To get close enough to anyone you have to combo it with one of his ablities, thus kind of spreading out your points a lot.

Lonestar on the other hand has really nice DPS, high jumping range and movement speed.. Especially if you focus on increasing his guns speed and damage.

Mr. Analog

Haha, yeah I focused all my boosts into the backstab for Leon. Most sessions I don't even pick the tongue, if there's enough going on sometimes people don't even notice (particularly Clunk players for some reason heh)

Not like I'm a master or anything, I die a lot lol (but it's still fun)
By Grabthar's Hammer

Lazybones

Well I have unlocked all of the current set of characters now.... Need to spend some time playing the ones I haven't tried yet.

Mr. Analog

Woo yeah! Oh and don't forget you can get a free skin for Sk?lldir :)
By Grabthar's Hammer

Lazybones

Already grabbed the skin.

Mr. Analog

Nice!!

Man, I gotta play some games here soon, too many art projects going on this week. I also started a channel on YouTube for "how to" art stuff, it's a lot of fun (and surprisingly easy).
By Grabthar's Hammer

Mr. Analog

Oh, new character coming soon, Thorin will like her, Raelynn is a red-headed E.L.F (?) sniper

Apparently she has a gun that can change modes from short range rapid fire to long range single-shots and has the ability to create cover (walls)

It will be interesting to see how a long range attacker fits into the mix as so far the only class that could put the long distance hurt on you was Coco and that pesky Ball Lightning that goes through turrets and walls.

Oh there is also a new map coming!!
By Grabthar's Hammer

Thorin

lol, yeah, I like redheads.

"E.L.F" - Elven Liberation Front?  Freeing themselves from the oppressive dictatorial rule of Santa the Communist?

"E.L.F" - Emo Life Forever?  A bunch of guys and gals pretending to be vampires who then turn into actual vampires but don't realize it until mom forces them to go look for a job during the day and they burst into flames?

"E.L.F" - Eternal Libations Force?  Bartenders with magical beer taps hooked to bottomless kegs in another dimension?

:)
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

Mr. Analog

I like all three of those haha
By Grabthar's Hammer

Lazybones

Quote from: Mr. Analog on October 29, 2012, 09:28:18 AM
It will be interesting to see how a long range attacker fits into the mix as so far the only class that could put the long distance hurt on you was Coco and that pesky Ball Lightning that goes through turrets and walls.

Well by long range I assume that means one screen, Lonestar's bull can already basically cover that and can be upgraded for damage.

Mr. Analog

True, but it's affected by gravity/terrain so it doesn't always go where you want.

I guess we'll see soon, from the sounds of it she's landing this week sometime.
By Grabthar's Hammer

Lazybones

Quote from: Mr. Analog on October 29, 2012, 09:55:41 AM
True, but it's affected by gravity/terrain so it doesn't always go where you want.

terrain yes, but gravity no... You can jump and fire it through the air.

Mr. Analog

Oh yes. You are right, I keep thinking it has weight for some reason when in fact I've used it to push guys right into a friendly turret from a platform... DOY
By Grabthar's Hammer

Lazybones

Quote from: Mr. Analog on October 29, 2012, 11:07:31 AM
Oh yes. You are right, I keep thinking it has weight for some reason when in fact I've used it to push guys right into a friendly turret from a platform... DOY

My load out adds damage, explosion and cool-down.. I use it like a missile.

Mr. Analog

Ooh yeah, that's a good combo.

I'm guessing she will be higher DPS maybe. I guess it depends on how the range will work and what the cooldown will be (I assume sniper shot will have a significant cool down).

It could be that the targeting will allow her to view enemies off her current screen (flavor text suggests watching out for the "dot"). If so that will be very very interesting to gameplay
By Grabthar's Hammer