Grand Theft Auto V

Started by Melbosa, September 16, 2013, 09:24:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr. Analog

By Grabthar's Hammer

Melbosa

You've got me all hyped on it to Mr. Analog, but I won't be able to buy for a bit yet :(
Sometimes I Think Before I Type... Sometimes!

Darren Dirt

Strive for progress. Not perfection.

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Melbosa on September 17, 2013, 11:25:23 PM
You've got me all hyped on it to Mr. Analog, but I won't be able to buy for a bit yet :(

Yeah from what I understand; book some time heh

Quote from: Darren Dirt on September 18, 2013, 01:03:07 AM
Imagine a world... where GTA... is all there, every city:
http://www.vg247.com/2012/12/14/rockstar-games-wants-to-combine-gta-cities-into-one-world/

Oddly enough there was a mission in Vice City where you go back to Liberty City (from GTAIII) it was exciting to think that there could be more to do in a totally different locale
By Grabthar's Hammer

Mr. Analog

GTAV made $800 million in first 24 hours

http://m.slashdot.org/story/191803

Some of the comments are hilarious
By Grabthar's Hammer

Thorin

Well that settles whether they'll get their $250mil back :P
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Thorin on September 19, 2013, 08:32:22 AM
Well that settles whether they'll get their $250mil back :P

That's for sure!
By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

That depends on how the publisher orchestrated the deal. If its like hollywood (or the music business), that game is still a financial looser on paper.
<Zapata Prime> I smell Stanley... And he smells good!!!

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Tom on September 19, 2013, 08:48:40 AM
That depends on how the publisher orchestrated the deal. If its like hollywood (or the music business), that game is still a financial looser on paper.

$800 million in one day? That would have to be some seriously @%&#ED business practises.
By Grabthar's Hammer

Melbosa

Sometimes I Think Before I Type... Sometimes!

Mr. Analog

So... I haven't posted anything yet because I'm still a bit shellshocked to be honest

This is a finely crafted game
By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

I've been watching some lets plays. So far noone has gotten very far in the first hour or so.. but hey, i hear is a long ass game.

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Tom on September 20, 2013, 08:37:31 AM
I've been watching some lets plays. So far noone has gotten very far in the first hour or so.. but hey, i hear is a long ass game.

I did the first few missions and then just started to ... wander

At one point I hit a deer (or something, it darted out in front of me, I didn't get a good look) in the country and lost control of my bike, no one on the highway would stop so I started walking.

I was in the desert and I could hear coyotes, the sounds started getting closer so I jumped on a slow moving freight train and rode on a flatbed until I got into a switchyard where I found an old car parked near a switch house. I hotwired it and drove back to the city (a long drive, more than 5 minutes).

I wasn't sure where I was when I got in and I didn't know how to set waypoints on the map yet but I noticed there was an LRT station closeby so I got on it and rode it to a station I recognized and walked home

IT'S ONE OF THOSE GAMES
By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

Haha. Yeah, I heard the world is pretty darn huge.

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Tom on September 20, 2013, 08:49:01 AM
Haha. Yeah, I heard the world is pretty darn huge.

It's ... massive
By Grabthar's Hammer