E3 Goodies

Started by Melbosa, June 03, 2015, 11:50:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Melbosa

Sometimes I Think Before I Type... Sometimes!

Melbosa

Mr. Analog

Ok, Bloodbowl is a surprise!

XCOM 2: Inception Horn Edition ;) (j/k)
Kind of interested in what the plot is going to be in XCOM 2, like finally we get to take out the lizard people who really run the world or something lol

Tomb Raider 2: Even More Falling Down Stuff
Not much to say about this, like at what point does Lara become characterized as strong and independent (and not all the times falling down stuff)

I'm interested in Dishonored 2 reveal as well, and the DOOM teaser looks pretty rad

I was kind of hoping that we'd see an update for Mirror's Edge 2 by now, the last trailer was almost a year ago (June 9)

All I know is this: I will be watching the Bethesda stream on Twitch and I will be booking time off for Fallout 4
By Grabthar's Hammer

Melbosa

Quote from: Mr. Analog on June 03, 2015, 12:09:58 PM
Ok, Bloodbowl is a surprise!
Me Too!
XCOM 2: Inception Horn Edition ;) (j/k)
Kind of interested in what the plot is going to be in XCOM 2, like finally we get to take out the lizard people who really run the world or something lol
It is set 20 years after the one released in 2012 (which I played the F'n Stit out of!) and looks like XCOM lost the battle on Earth.  Now you are a rebellion force... interesting.

Not much to say about this, like at what point does Lara become characterized as strong and independent (and not all the times falling down stuff)
Sure does look like that from every trailer they released on the last one this one, doesn't it lol!  But I can tell you I played the prequel release from 2 years ago and it was by far one of the best Tomb Raiders in years!  I am so looking forward to this one as well as the story and game mechanics were so well done in its predecessor.

I'm interested in Dishonored 2 reveal as well, and the DOOM teaser looks pretty rad
Never got into Dishonored (I think I even own it - played an hour and got bored).  Doom... well if they can reboot everything else why not it eh?

I was kind of hoping that we'd see an update for Mirror's Edge 2 by now, the last trailer was almost a year ago (June 9)
Again me as well... I was so hopeful for its release this year!

All I know is this: I will be watching the Bethesda stream on Twitch and I will be booking time off for Fallout 4
Hmmm I think we were all thinking "Duh" based on the other thread you started LOL :D.

Mr. Analog

FYI here is the E3 schedule:
ca.ign.com/wikis/e3/E3_2015_Live_Streams_and_Press_Conferences

Conference Conference Time
Bethesda June 14 - 7pm PT / 10pm ET / June 15 - 3am BST
Microsoft June 15 - 9:30am PT/12:30pm ET / 5:30pm BST
EA  June 15 - 1pm PT / 4pm ET / 8:30pm BST
Ubisoft June 15 - 3pm PT / 6pm ET / 10:30pm BST
Sony June 15 - 6pm PT / 9pm ET / 1:30am BST
Nintendo June 16 - 9am PT/ 12pm ET / 5pm BST
Square Enix June 16 - 10am PT/ 1pm ET / 6pm BST
PC Gaming Show June 16 - 5pm PT/8pm ET / June 17 - 1pm

AND PRODUCTIVITY WILL GO DOOOOOOOOWN lol

Quote from: Melbosa on June 03, 2015, 04:02:05 PM
Sure does look like that from every trailer they released on the last one this one, doesn't it lol!  But I can tell you I played the prequel release from 2 years ago and it was by far one of the best Tomb Raiders in years!  I am so looking forward to this one as well as the story and game mechanics were so well done in its predecessor.

Mechanically, I hope they move focus away from quicktime events as in the previous game. Also from the cinematic trailer I got a really strong feeling that they wanted to channel "Ellie" from The Last of Us in both appearance and manner (rather than an action superhero with John Woo style dual .45s) I unno, imitation / flattery that sort of thing.

But yeh, here's hoping EA has some surprises for us, who even knows what Microsoft has. I think Nintendo will show off a new Zelda, after Splatoon though, the big N looks kinda weak going in. I'm pretty sure Squeeeeenix is going to be showing off Final Dudebros in a Car Fantasy. I will actually laugh if Ubisoft shows off whatever their new AssCreed game is and it has a female protagonist (because holy-social media-backlash)

Ahh it should be a good E3 this year
By Grabthar's Hammer

Mr. Analog

By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

FINAL FANTASY @%&#ING SEVEN REMAKE. If the art in the trailer is ingame? @%&# YEAH. That and a couple other games may make me get a ps4. no joke. full stop.

Watching the sony E3 presentation and there have been some interesting games.
<Zapata Prime> I smell Stanley... And he smells good!!!

Mr. Analog

I managed to catch some of EAs presentation, the two standouts for me were

Mirrors Edge Catalyst: which is going to be an open world(!) Finally going to get that sense of freedom and free running together. My only concern at this point is art direction, it looks good but has a different feel to it.

Unravel: A great looking puzzle platformer, what sold it for me was the Dev's passion for it (also he was nervous as hell to be there but felt like the only genuine person presenting at EAs thing) the graphics look sharp and it looks really interesting.

I missed Battlefront, from screens I've seen it looks good whether or not it plays well is something I'm interested in.

EA had so many awkward moments where the crowd was just dead silent.

They had a dev Q&A on twitter for Mirrors Edge Catalyst but they didn't really answer much
By Grabthar's Hammer

Mr. Analog

Oh yeah a kickstarter was started for Shenmue 3 and funded in less than 12 hours
By Grabthar's Hammer

Melbosa

Quote from: Tom
FINAL FANTASY @%&#ING SEVEN REMAKE. If the art in the trailer is ingame? @%&# YEAH. That and a couple other games may make me get a ps4. no joke. full stop.

Yeah I've been looking for an excuse to push me over the edge and buy a PS4... that might just do it.

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Melbosa on June 16, 2015, 10:40:52 AM
Quote from: Tom

Yeah I've been looking for an excuse to push me over the edge and buy a PS4... that might just do it.

Well, it sounds like it will be multi-platform:

QuoteSquare Enix announced the news during Sony?s press conference at E3 tonight, following a day full of rumors. ?Play it first on PlayStation,? read the trailer, implying that it?ll be out for PC and Xbox One too.
http://kotaku.com/final-fantasy-vii-remake-announced-for-ps4-1711559466
By Grabthar's Hammer

Melbosa

Oooooo then maybe not!!! I so much prefer the XBone controller to the PS4's.

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Melbosa on June 16, 2015, 10:44:42 AM
Oooooo then maybe not!!! I so much prefer the XBone controller to the PS4's.

Not sure how long they will have the exclusivity window.
By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

I dunno if they'd do a cross platform title.. It'd confuse me. It's not entirely typical of Square or Final Fantasy.

That said there were two or three other titles that were interesting. That one space one, and the last guardian possibly, and another i think, but i can't remember. lol.
<Zapata Prime> I smell Stanley... And he smells good!!!

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Tom on June 16, 2015, 11:51:51 AM
I dunno if they'd do a cross platform title.. It'd confuse me. It's not entirely typical of Square or Final Fantasy.

It is, they've announced it hitting XBox One and PC after PS4 already. In fact the dev apologized for the delay on the stream earlier.
By Grabthar's Hammer