Asheron's Call 2 - Done!

Started by Melbosa, August 26, 2005, 08:17:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Melbosa

QuoteClosing Asheron's Call 2

Dear AC2 subscribers,

In spite of our hard work and the launch of Legions, AC2 has reached the point where it no longer makes sense to continue the service. We will be officially closing the Asheron's Call 2 service on 12/30/05. Until then, we plan to run live events, but we will not be adding any content or features.

We deeply appreciate the many dedicated fans of AC2 who have stood by us over the years. You have our sincerest gratitude.

Best regards,

Jeffrey Anderson

CEO, Turbine

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

? 2005 Turbine, Inc. All rights reserved.

Peeps on forums are of mixed opinion, but generally p-o-ed: http://forums.ac2.turbine.com/showthread.php?p=211517#post211517
Sometimes I Think Before I Type... Sometimes!

Shayne

That sucks for the 3 people still playin.  Its sorta rare that MMORPGs close down...this is like the 3rd of 4th that i can recall.

I did a little digging.  They released an expansion like 3 months ago.  Id feel pretty damn pissed off as well.  Alas i have never played either this or thie first one, so im indifferent, but it really does show the critical failure of MMORPGs.  People spends cash, serious cash (2 years at $15 + $60 + $30) to in the end have a couple of coasters with no chance of ever being able to fire it up again.

mmmm...a second thought though, they should release the server stuff (code and database) so people could host their own realms.

Melbosa

True.

Little History:  Righteous Wrath got its beginnings in AC2.  Was the first MMO for many of our founding members, and was the first MMO experience for me.  There are things about the game that I miss, especially its Experience system, but when they started revamping classes from the bottom up I had to quit.

All you have to imagine is max lvling a toon over 8 months. You know your toons workings inside and out.  You know your limitations, your timings, and your abilities in solo and groups.  Then to log in one day and have to relearn everything about your toon cause it has been reworked from the bottom up.  Too frustrating for something I was paying for monthly.
Sometimes I Think Before I Type... Sometimes!