LOL! Battlefield2 "Rage" tips

Started by Darren Dirt, September 06, 2005, 12:25:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darren Dirt

http://forums.myg0t.com/showthread.php?threadid=14632

Scary thing: I was doing half this stuff in BF1 demo with me and my roommate...

QuoteBelow is a list from threads in our forums, for tips on how to have fun raging other players in BattleField 2 [demo], for the most part consisting of team killing/wounding in Friendly Fire on AND off servers (many servers have FF turned on). While some are more obvious than others, I'm listing all of them for those of you who are impaired:

- Be a medic and teamkill the person, revive, kill, revive, kill, repeat until person leaves the server as theres not much they can do.

- The good old car bomb trick if FF is off AND vehicle FF is off, this is good cuz the explosion from the vehicle will kill them instead of counting as a TK.

- Land on top of your team, in a plane. Yes it's a lot harder to fly than the BattleField 1942 ones but with some practice you can start wingclipping people again in no time.

- On runways have a tank standing beside the runway, When someone is taking off drive into their path and get out of the vehicle, instant death for them.

- On the boat, go on the gunner at the rear and kill all the planes and choppers so nobody can use them ever.

- Fill a heli full of people and hover at the edge of the map until they either commit suicide or try to swim away only to find out they cant make it that far.

- Snipe your team from distant locations if FF is turned on.

- Damage your team and make them kill you so they get kicked/banned.

- Radio spam.

- Order artillary on your own spawn on the hangar ship

- Do a drive-by bomb for this one; you put some explosives on your car then drive to someone near and the second you get out of the vehicle blow it up, if you live it's even funnier.

- Camp the railgun on the chopper and mow down all your teammates, a lot of servers don't have TK punish.

- Request a pickup or back up! Then and when they get there kill them (this one pisses them off, since they went out of their way to help you).

- Take the little boats off the carrie, fill them up with people and drive to edge of the map and just sit there.

- Crash a plane into your team but jump off before and you don't get the TK's counted against you.

- Camp the carrier and when you see the Uboats leaving shoot the boat, but only when its about halfway out. Then they will have to swim but wont make it since its too far. It's funny to see them try to make it.

- Start random vote kicks and accuse people of hacking, basicly they will stop playing the game trying to defend themselves.

- Take the tank and put it in the repair area and destroy those planes so nobody ever gets to use them.

- Heli-flipping: Take the heli and go as high as you can OVER WATER, so you can manage a flip without crashing. When you flip, all the passangers will get scared and jump out. Being over water, they can not swim back to shore in time and will drown, while you fly back to pickup another load.

- Shotgun TK: Walk behind, fire, instant death.

- Standing on top of a heli and jumping infront of planes so they get a TK against them and you can get them banned.

- Drive a car and when your about to run a guy over, press "e" so you get out. it doesnt count as tk and they get very angry and kill you the next rounds so you can ban them.

- Use the missile battery to shoot down all planes that tries to take off from the hangar.

- Follow your teams snipers around and don't let them see you, when they have found a decent spot, sneak up from behind and put a claymore mine right behind them and leave.

- When you are spawning - run to get the jeep (many people want a ride instead of running) - use the horn to indicate that you will give them a ride, but drive away a little faster so they run right behind you and can't catch the ride.

- As axis: spawn as sniper and climb all the way up the ladder on the big building, place a claymore mines right at top. If you want to get down - use the small ramp and jump safely down in the pool.

- In a non-FF server: spawn as Special Ops Class then select the c4 weapon, while people are waiting around for the choppers plant lots of c4's at there feet because its a non ff they probaly just ignore it but when you you blow it up even though its a non-ff server it will launch them so high that thy will die from the fall. This works most of the time but they have to be pretty close to the c4's.

- Choose "special ops" class and mount a few explosive charges to the transport helicopter (it carries around 6 people).

Strive for progress. Not perfection.

Mr. Analog

By Grabthar's Hammer

Darren Dirt

one of the posts in the "comments" section said "I don't play BF2, but I'm gonna try some of this in CS!"

I'm gonna download the BF2 demo this week, give my video card a "test run" hehe yeah right... replace "PWN3D" with "RAG3D"! ;)

Darren Dirt

About to install the demo now... Then I skim-read the "newbie" guide on the official site. I actually loudly chortled when I read the last section (and now I feel almost guilty).

from: http://www.planetbattlefield.com/bf2/strategy/newbie/

IV. General Game Ethics

This is always a tough subject to touch on, and it?s an issue that is steadily getting worse in online gaming, but here goes.

You are playing a game, games are intended to be fun, but not just fun for YOU? fun for EVEYRONE INVOLVED. (with the exception of losing which can?t be helped) With that said you hold no right whatsoever to team kill/team wound/vehicle damage or any other asshole maneuver you can think of. Everyone in the server is there to have fun, and should be treated with equal respect until that person gives up the right to be respected (Usually by doing one of the above).

I touched on most game ethics throughout this guide, but to quickly reiterate. If you want a vehicle, and you don?t get there first, IT IS NOT THE END OF THE WORLD, you should NOT place C4 all around the vehicle and blow it up, put mines in front of it, spam your machine gun at it, or shoot it with your rocket launcher. This only leads to retaliation killing and winds up ruining the map for typically more than a few people. Just because daddy beats you at night and mommy may touch you in a bad spot doesn?t mean you should take out your juvenile aggression on the rest of us. Have respect for us, and we in turn will have respect for you, Enter the server spamming guns at your team, and blowing up your SAT/UAV/ART will not earn you any friends.

If you?re in a squad, follow orders, if you don?t want to? play ?lone-wolf? or make your own squad, because there are people in the server who would like to be part of a cohesive unit.

If you really want to play commander, but you never did before, DO NOT CHOOSE A FULL 32/64 PERSON SERVER TO TRY. Get familiar with the commands on your own local server, or in very small private servers, then try it out in larger ones when you feel confident. (The same goes for piloting aircraft, and as pathetic as it is, for some of you, driving trucks/jeeps/tanks too? which seems to be a growing pathetic problem.)

If you join a server and you want to be commander, but someone already is, you do NOT start a mutiny vote just because of your juvenile angst. You wait till next map and apply when you should? Mutiny is only for commanders who didn?t listen to the previous paragraph and don?t have a clue what they?re doing.

So in closing, for each and every one of you that makes a concerted effort to play the game just a hair more in the direction of its original intent, you?ll make numerous other people much happier. Every person really can make a difference.

That is by far the funniest, most loosely-worded official guide on an official game site I have ever seen.

But, after considering for a while, I think I'm still  gonna do some "ragin'" though, the "missus" been tickin' me off, gotta vent somehow... ;)