Minecraft went Gold

Started by Mr. Analog, November 15, 2011, 01:56:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom

Quote from: Darren Dirt on November 16, 2011, 04:09:16 PM
Lots of expertise on display there, Tom.

Are you a stone-r?
If only ;)

I've played a bit. I'm not completely familiar with all the new buggy features yet though. I did most of my playing several months ago. the last few versions though have made exploring quite a bit easier in multiplayer. More fun too in my book. Less afraid of dying, more killing monsters. \o/
<Zapata Prime> I smell Stanley... And he smells good!!!

Thorin

Yeah, but is it valuable?  Like, is there a stone economy in Minecraft similar to the gold economy in WoW?
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

Tom

Quote from: Thorin on November 16, 2011, 04:44:37 PM
Yeah, but is it valuable?  Like, is there a stone economy in Minecraft similar to the gold economy in WoW?
Not even remotely. 90% plus of the blocks in the world are stone/cobble. I find myself dumping entire stacks (64 blocks to a stack) of them into lava or in random holes.

Minecraft does have Gold, Iron, and Diamonds. Diamonds are /very/ valuable, and quite rare. Some other materials can only be found in "The Nether" which is a hell like place with extra monsters and death traps, much harder to survive there.
<Zapata Prime> I smell Stanley... And he smells good!!!

Darren Dirt

Quote from: Tom on November 16, 2011, 05:09:52 PM
Some other materials can only be found in "The Nether" which is a hell like place with extra monsters and death traps, much harder to survive there.

Not Bad ;D

Strive for progress. Not perfection.