Steam Autumn Sale

Started by Mr. Analog, November 21, 2012, 11:28:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr. Analog

Lots of goodies for sale on Steam in the next couple of days:
http://www.joystiq.com/2012/11/21/steam-autumn-sale-is-live-walking-dead-xcom-terraria-indies/

Figures that XCOM would be one of the first to go on sale LOL
By Grabthar's Hammer

Mr. Analog

Day 2 includes Awesomenauts! FOR LESS THAN 5 BUCKS

:dance:
By Grabthar's Hammer

Mr. Analog

Torchlight II is $10

Orcs must Die 2 is $5

Dishonoured is $30 as is Borderlands 2

Some good deals abound!
By Grabthar's Hammer

Melbosa

B2 and XCOM worth the money!
Sometimes I Think Before I Type... Sometimes!

Mr. Analog

Is B2 actually worth it? I've seen a fair chunk of gameplay already on YouTube
By Grabthar's Hammer

Melbosa

It definitely is for me.  I have seen Mags playing it a lot as well.  According to my steam I have 55 Hours into it already!

The story content has had me laughing many times.  The game play is Borderlands with added Guns and Fun.  I would recommend it at the $30 price point for sure!

Mr. Analog

I never played the original, from what I gather you go to a camp get a McGuffin Quest, clear an area and return. That in itself seems okay but what concerns me is having to play with bots.
By Grabthar's Hammer

Melbosa

Mr. Analog

By Grabthar's Hammer

Melbosa

Borderlands is Diablo with Guns... so I guess you play with bots...

Mr. Analog

I guess it would be different if I knew more people that played, multi player looks fun, but I'm not gonna fall in the GW2 trap again. It's too difficult to want to keep playing if you can't find a good group.

I'd rather just join up with random people and play quick CTF / gun game / etc type FPS. Fun pickup games after a hard days work.
By Grabthar's Hammer

Melbosa

Yeah see while B2 and even B are fun with friends, I find the game just as fun without.  B2 doesn't need mulitplayer to be fun, the game stands alone without the Coop play.  That just adds to the game.

Mags

Thought I would be playing X-Com all the time, as it's my type of game and I'm kinda sick to death of FPS's. But I keep going back to Borderlands. Despite it's flaws, it's a hell of a game.

Personally I picked up Dead Island and Orc's must Die 2 so far. Really wavering on Witcher 2.
"Bleed all over them, let them know you're there!"

Mr. Analog

Yeah! I got Orcs Must Die 2 as well, gotta try that one out :)

I picked up Hitman: Absolution it's one of those games that can be frustrating because it's less about thinking on your feet than it is memorizing patterns (not surprising as it's a Square-Enix game), I like how there are multiple solutions to each mission though, that is pretty nice.

EDIT: I feel similarly regarding XCOM, I like it but you really have to juggle your guys around so you don't end up with Star Trek syndrome (all your best guys go on the missions), you can lose one high level guy but if you lose two you might as well restart.

I was playing in Iron Man when I got started and it wasn't bad but I just started hitting the wall and restarted, but then again that's XCOM for ya, it's not how you die so much as when heh!
By Grabthar's Hammer

Melbosa

I too picked up Orcs Must Die 2... friends play at work and enjoy, so thought what the hell!

Mr. Analog

Exactly! Price was right too.

I also got Torchlight II so we can play that maybe one of these days
By Grabthar's Hammer