Minecraft reminds him of his childhood forts

Started by Thorin, May 24, 2012, 12:41:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thorin

I get what this guy is saying: http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2010/09/27/cave-time-feeling-safe-in-minecraft/

Basically, he likes Minecraft because it reminds him of his youth spent building and surviving in couch forts, blanket forts, etc.  Now, his post is a year and a half old, and at least one of the things he asked for (hunger) has been added, and in my mind hunger works well - not so fast that you're punished for straying from the wheat farm, but at the same time you have to at least _consider_ the problem of food.

Oh, and since I was  partially raised in a private British school, I know who Enid Blyton is - not sure if she ever caught on in North America.  I think I read pretty much every book in her Famous Five series by the time I was eight.
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

Lazybones

Sounds like an idea for a texture pack... maybe turn all the half blocks into pillows and blankets....

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Lazybones on May 24, 2012, 12:46:34 PM
Sounds like an idea for a texture pack... maybe turn all the half blocks into pillows and blankets....

Brilliant!
By Grabthar's Hammer

Thorin

lol, that would be funny.  My hotel would have pillows and blankets for a roof.  So would my barn.  So would my railroad.

Come to think of it, I like slabs.
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

LennyLen

QuoteOh, and since I was  partially raised in a private British school, I know who Enid Blyton is - not sure if she ever caught on in North America.  I think I read pretty much every book in her Famous Five series by the time I was eight.

I'm from the colonies, so read all the FF and SS books as well (plus the Mystery series).