FTB Server Status [UP]

Started by Tom, December 26, 2012, 07:18:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr. Analog

With RedPower2 going away we'll have no choice but to regen the world, I have no problem with this.
By Grabthar's Hammer

Lazybones

Quote from: Mr. Analog on August 20, 2013, 09:16:35 AM
With RedPower2 going away we'll have no choice but to regen the world, I have no problem with this.

Would be good to know the timing of the reboot so we can all start around the same time... I find it strange jumping onto the world with fists when others already have jetpacks... ;)

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Lazybones on August 20, 2013, 09:35:05 AM
Quote from: Mr. Analog on August 20, 2013, 09:16:35 AM

Would be good to know the timing of the reboot so we can all start around the same time... I find it strange jumping onto the world with fists when others already have jetpacks... ;)

So true, even when the old Tekkit server was up and running people were teched up fast so I want to know exactly what date it's dropping heh
By Grabthar's Hammer

Lazybones

Quote from: Mr. Analog on August 20, 2013, 09:39:49 AM
So true, even when the old Tekkit server was up and running people were teched up fast so I want to know exactly what date it's dropping heh

Ya I don't expect to be able to keep up, however sharing resources is so much more meaningful if your tech levels are not drastically different.

Mr. Analog

Or if people go through different tech trees
By Grabthar's Hammer

Lazybones

Quote from: Mr. Analog on August 20, 2013, 10:01:36 AM
Or if people go through different tech trees

Well that can be beneficial if someone has lots of a resource they don't plan on ever using.

Tom

The dire pack is pretty much the official non specialized pack.

We could make our own pack now though. the ftb launcher makes that pretty easy.
<Zapata Prime> I smell Stanley... And he smells good!!!

Lazybones

Quote from: Tom on August 20, 2013, 11:22:45 AM
The dire pack is pretty much the official non specialized pack.

We could make our own pack now though. the ftb launcher makes that pretty easy.

Hmm that is an interesting option... In many ways I would love to see LESS things in the packs, especially since there is lots of overlap and the extra resources actually make it hard to collect sufficient amounts of common resources in some cases.

Tom

The FTB guys have gotten a lot better at balancing the resources. The mods all support the forge dictionary now, so they can mostly all share similar resources. Except in the case of mods that must have their own special ore...

Tom

Oh, and the nice thing about a custom ftb pack via the launcher is all one has to do is put together the pack, then load it into ftb's listing, then anyone can use it (or just people with the code if you have it set to private).

Lazybones

Hmm maybe it is time to put together a list of our favorite or most hated items (new thread?) and base a pack off of that?

That is if anyone else is interest in a custom pack vs one of the standard ones.

Thorin

I wouldn't mind one with less choices so there's not such a steep learning curve and so many different ores to collect.

I might even get back into playing FTB for more than one night.
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

Tom

You could just focus on a specific mod or set of mods. I was pretty much focusing on RP2 and that one mod with the pulverizer. I really liked how its blocks worked, with the configurable sides. Oh and a bit of railcraft (for the tanks and similar things), and computercraft. # hmmmm I love turtles #

Lazybones

Quote from: Tom on August 20, 2013, 12:12:55 PM
You could just focus on a specific mod or set of mods. I was pretty much focusing on RP2 and that one mod with the pulverizer. I really liked how its blocks worked, with the configurable sides. Oh and a bit of railcraft (for the tanks and similar things), and computercraft. # hmmmm I love turtles #

Lets consolodate the pro cons list in this thread FTB Wish List