FTB Server Status [UP]

Started by Tom, December 26, 2012, 07:18:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr. Analog

So, just a heads up I think the Sphax BDCraft texture pack was causing some serious lag issues for the FTB client (even with OptiFine installed).

I'm on vanilla now which is making finding ores hard.
By Grabthar's Hammer

Lazybones

Direwolf20 FTB Pack v3 is now out, your FTB launcher will prompt you to update... currently trying to figure out how to revert to v2 as I accidentally clicked update.

Mr. Analog

I'll have to take a look but I thought both versions were in the list, I'll see what I can find out

Edit:

I'm having a really hard time finding any docs for this crap BUT on the list of mod packs there is a button labelled "Edit Mod Pack", click it and there is a tab called "Modpack Version", from there you should be able to select the version of the mod pack you want to use.

It's just about the most roundabout way of loading a previous version of Feed the Beast (or rather, Direwolf20s Pack)

This is a very messy interface that isn't obvious.
By Grabthar's Hammer

Lazybones

Ya, I found that but it doesn't work even with the force update button that is in another spot.

The updated indicated it would make a backup but did not. I can find no way to install the direwolf20 v2 pack now.

I hunted the FTB forums and knowledge base for a few hours.

Kim of pissed off as I had the time to play but can't.

Lazybones

http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/threads/direwolf20-pack.4829/

ON another note, v3 of the pack appears to all be updates no major changes

Version 3

Updated Forge to 6.5.0.489

Updated MFFS to 2.2.8.2.14
    Updated SoulShards to 1.21
    Updated MiscPeripherals to 2.3
    Updated Railcraft to 6.12.2.0
    Updated PortalGun to 1.4.6v2
    Updated Steve's Carts 2 to 2.0.0.a41
    Updated ComputerCraft to 1.481
    Updated Ironchest to 1.4.6-4.5.1.203
    Updated EnderStorage to 1.3.1.1
    Updated OmniTools to 2.2.5
    Updated WR-CBE mods to 1.3.2.4
    Updated CodeChickenCore to 0.7.0.2
    Updated NEI to 1.4.5.0
    Updated ChickenChunks to 1.2.1.1

Mr. Analog

OH man, I just saw you log in in the chat window, sorry I was watching a tutorial video in another window while waiting for my vigorous macerations to complete

Like I said before I am GREATLY surprised at how versioning is handled, the whole point of a mod loader is to manage stuff like that and it's surprisingly lacking.

So I've built a quarry, now I have to figure out the best way of getting stuff from one dimension to another
By Grabthar's Hammer

Lazybones

well I eventually managed to revert to v2 after consecutive launches and the force download option..
However I now have a forge Mod Loader world ID mismatched from the MiscPeripherals mod..

Hours and hours of wasted time!

Lazybones

I AM IN !!!!!!!

1. reverting to the older version... AS MR. A pointed out you can set an older version, and there is a force update button under options (this doesn't do anything till you LAUNCH)
2. Try launching more than once and closing the loader in between..
3. If you get a forge world ID mismatch error, note the name of the mod in the error then to to ...\Direwolf20\minecraft\config and delete the .cfg file for the mod. Launch again!

Mr. Analog

Ugh!! WOOT!!

I went through similar pains today with performance issues, it seemed okay at first but somehow it just kept getting worse, so I spent a couple hours trying to figure out if it was server lag or client lag, it looks like it was client lag due to the texture pack I was using. Which lead me to find a

Somewhat Decent Texture Pack

The good news is that I DID find a good texture pack for it!

http://bdcraft.net/forum/ftb-direwolf-20s-pack

Installing it is a bit of a butt though, launch FTB, and then press the "Open Texture Folder" button on the main menu, this will open the folder location where FTB will actually detect the texture pack. Copy your downloaded texture pack into this folder and it should show up in the list.

Installing OptiFine is a little bit trickier too so here's some help:

Oddly the two lists are set up so that enabled mods are on the left and disabled mods are on the right, this is backward and confusing at first. On the plus side you can juggle different versions of some individual mods.

Other Performance Shizzle Whizzle:
If you are running on a laptop MAKE SURE to force video card acceleration as apparently some machines do not detect the FTB launcher as a game.
By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

Let me know if you guys would like me to update to v3.
<Zapata Prime> I smell Stanley... And he smells good!!!

Lazybones

v3 appears to have A LOT of bug fixes for various mods, so it is probably worth installing.

HOWEVER, go read the forums as there are some special backup steps when applying it on the server...

Tom

Quote from: Lazybones on December 30, 2012, 02:58:04 AM
v3 appears to have A LOT of bug fixes for various mods, so it is probably worth installing.

HOWEVER, go read the forums as there are some special backup steps when applying it on the server...
Good to know, thanks :)

Mr. Analog

Server crashed (or connection lost)

I was in a battle, it should be fun to see where I am when I log back in
By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

Quote from: Mr. Analog on December 30, 2012, 10:54:57 AM
Server crashed (or connection lost)

I was in a battle, it should be fun to see where I am when I log back in
Sorry about that, I did something absolutely retarded ::) It'll be updated in a jiff.

Tom