Main Menu

Minecraft 1.11

Started by Thorin, November 14, 2016, 07:59:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom

Quote from: Thorin on November 26, 2016, 04:16:26 PM
Aww, same seed too, isn't it?  :(

Overviewer is showing the new map squished into the old map...
hmm, I copied the settings. I can reset the seed. I didn't delete the old overviewer data, I had expected rsync to delete the old data but I guess it didn't... I'll fix later.
<Zapata Prime> I smell Stanley... And he smells good!!!

Mr. Analog

Oh boy! I know what I'm doing tomorrow!

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

Ok, I changed the seed and deleted the map data from the old seed.

LennyLen

It's a good spawn. There's a nearby village and some huge structure that I just got killed in while poking around.

LennyLen

The structure I mentioned in my previous post turns out to be a Woodland Mansion.  I've ventured into a little way before coming up against some fierce resistance.  I could probably go back on my own as I have about enough diamonds now for a full armour set and am also about ready to start enchanting, but I thought it might be a fun group venture.

Anybody want to schedule a time?

Mr. Analog

I meant to get on yesterday but the cards were against me

Maybe during the week I can get started again. Looking forward to this new version

I guess I should see if there's a new Sphax for this version!
By Grabthar's Hammer

Thorin

No Sphax for 1.11 yet, PureBDCraft or VanillaBDCraft.  I've been using Faithful32, it looks like original Minecraft but rounds off the edges somewhat.

A woodland mansion, eh?  My son's gone and explored one in creative, but not yet in survival.  They're ... deadly.  But cool!
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

LennyLen

Quote from: Thorin on November 28, 2016, 09:03:36 AM
A woodland mansion, eh?  My son's gone and explored one in creative, but not yet in survival.  They're ... deadly.  But cool!

Yeah, I tried taking on 3 vindicators at once while only equipped with iron armour and sword (I had a shield, but you can't block their attacks). It didn't go well.

I've just taken a quick snapshot of the spawn area and immediate surroundings:

The spawn area is in the yellow circle.  I've built a little hut near it that has some chests of basic items, a crafting table and some forges.  I've set up my base on (and under) a hill to the east.  There are some farms under it that extend out to about the purple ring.  So far, I have Wheat, Beetroot, Potato and Carrot crops growing (courtesy of the nearby village).  I just found a few pumpkins so I'll put down a patch of those as well. There were quite a few passive mobs wandering the plains to the SE, so I set up some pens and started a breeding program there.

The village is just off the left hand side of the map, and the woodland mansion is just off the right hand side.

Thorin

So much done there and I still haven't logged in.
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Tom

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Thorin on December 08, 2016, 01:25:17 PM

I got my client updated and also a texture pack that no longer crashes my client WOOH
By Grabthar's Hammer

Thorin

Quote from: Tom on December 08, 2016, 02:33:58 PM
Is the lag still bad?

I assume you're not asking me, because...

Quote from: Thorin on December 08, 2016, 01:25:17 PM

---

Quote from: Mr. Analog on December 08, 2016, 02:46:06 PM
I got my client updated and also a texture pack that no longer crashes my client WOOH

Which resource pack do you use?  I like using Faithful32, my computers aren't highly-specced but 16-bit minecraft is just too blocky.
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Thorin on December 08, 2016, 04:12:55 PM
Quote from: Mr. Analog on December 08, 2016, 02:46:06 PM

Which resource pack do you use?  I like using Faithful32, my computers aren't highly-specced but 16-bit minecraft is just too blocky.

I'll have to check but I think it's the 64 bit Sphax, it's not 100% compatible yet but initial tests seemed ok

I had to disable my shaders pack tho (booo!)
By Grabthar's Hammer

LennyLen

Thorin

What's the seed for this map?
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful