Razer Mamba battery swole up

Started by Mr. Analog, February 06, 2019, 01:20:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr. Analog

For those of you on FB you'll know today my mouse decided to just fall apart. Turns out the battery was swollen enough to have broken the access door on the back. Granted I've had this mouse for a few years and apparently its not that uncommon to happen but yikes what a thing to wake up to.

I bought a replacement Mamba (Ultra) because it feels nice in my hand but I'm kinda put off wireless mice thanks to this... I don't think I ever used it wirelessly either (mainly because why?)

Ah well it was good while it lasted. Melbosa I saw your post about Logitech, I wish I had seen it sooner, I'm cautious about how it would feel in my hand though with all the pointy gamerparts
By Grabthar's Hammer

Melbosa

Quote from: Mr. Analog on February 06, 2019, 01:20:58 PM
Melbosa I saw your post about Logitech, I wish I had seen it sooner, I'm cautious about how it would feel in my hand though with all the pointy gamerparts
You don't even notice it.  I've owned the Mamba, Ultimate, DeathAddr, and another Razer I can't remember the name of.

I can confidently say, I didn't notice any pointy bits since the switch.  I did however notice how much better it feels, how much better it responds, and how much better the Logitech software is compared to the Rrazer counterpart.  And I'm not the only one I've heard that from.

But IMHO Logitech > Razer at this point for Mouse and for Keyboards (I've owned many from both manufacturers in this area as well)
Sometimes I Think Before I Type... Sometimes!

Mr. Analog

I might have to change my order then :D

Thanks for the tip!
By Grabthar's Hammer

Thorin

Wait, which Logitech do you recommend Mel?
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

Melbosa

Mr. Analog

By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

I have an older G700s. Its nice but i was unhappy with its battery life when I was still using it. Also it's sensor wasnt quite good enough on the surface i wanted to use it on back then. The sensor probably works fine on my desk. Still not super happy with the battery life, but then it uses a single NiMH AA battery.

Maybe I'll switch back to it for a bit. I've been using a corded M500. So far my favourite mice have been logitech M(x)50x mice. be it corded or wireless. great shape, they last forever etc.
<Zapata Prime> I smell Stanley... And he smells good!!!

Melbosa

I have a G502 now at work and at home.  I bought my second one on Black Friday deals :D