Home Routers and Firmware

Started by Lazybones, May 13, 2011, 12:27:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thorin

I'll have to do a quick read about that Shareport Utility - I want to still be able to scan and (more importantly) read pictures off memory cards with the multi-card reader built in.

Would a wifi printer work with wired connections?  It just makes it so you don't have to connect any wires other than power, right?  Beyond that, it's a network printer?  Eighty bucks seems pretty damn cheap for a networked printer...

I'd been looking at the ASUS RT-N16 (they're cheap!) but I'd really rather not mess with installing third-party firmware.  I'm just lazy (funny that you're Lazy, but I'm lazy :) ).

I've also been quite happy with all the D-Link routers/switches/hubs I've owned so far.  So perhaps there is some brand loyalty there for me.
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

Tom

Quote from: Thorin on July 18, 2011, 03:14:19 PM
I'll have to do a quick read about that Shareport Utility - I want to still be able to scan and (more importantly) read pictures off memory cards with the multi-card reader built in.

Would a wifi printer work with wired connections?  It just makes it so you don't have to connect any wires other than power, right?  Beyond that, it's a network printer?  Eighty bucks seems pretty damn cheap for a networked printer...
So long as the wifi network and wired network are bridged, they can all talk to each other.
<Zapata Prime> I smell Stanley... And he smells good!!!

Lazybones

A WiFi connected printer = a network printer. Thus if they are on the same network as wired computers the printer can be accessed..

My Epson Worforce 600 is a Printer/Scanner/Fax and SD card reader.. .Works over the network, and you can place it just about anywhere in the house (near a phone jack if you want to fax)