Multiplayer Minecraft 2Nite?

Started by Mr. Analog, October 05, 2015, 08:54:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr. Analog

Anybody up for some multiplayer Minecraft tonight?

I gots the urge
By Grabthar's Hammer

Thorin

I'm in, what time?  Planet Bob, right?
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

Mr. Analog

Yeah, thinking some time around 7 PM?
By Grabthar's Hammer

Thorin

It'll be a little after 7 for me, son's got swimming lessons from 6:30 to 7.  Unless wife takes him...
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Mr. Analog

By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

Well well, I guess I won't mess with the server today then lol. I've started moving it back to my home server, but it was taking a while to copy and I just got distracted ;D and I'm far too tired now to finish and test. hah.
<Zapata Prime> I smell Stanley... And he smells good!!!

Mr. Analog

Oh @%&# yeah, well if you need us to move to another day that's fine too

Today's my game night and I feel like either playin' some Minceraft or Splatoon
By Grabthar's Hammer

Mr. Analog

I'm running a bit late myself today, was busy after work and didn't get home until just now
By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

Nah no worries. One or two days won't hurt anything. It can wait.

Thorin

sorry, didn't get around to logging on
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Thorin on October 05, 2015, 09:38:25 PM
sorry, didn't get around to logging on

NP, I just started a build.

It's funny when you haven't done one in a while you get a bit rusty! I died like 5 times putting up some columns

Also all our sheeps escaped near spawn so I went into creative and respawned them
By Grabthar's Hammer

Thorin

So where's your new build, then?  I don't see it on the overviewer yet.

Also, Tom, please let us know when you're starting on the server move and when you're done, so we know not to go on it at that point in time...  I will probably be on this week / weekend to do some digging work that's been bubbling under in the back of my head.
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Tom

Will do. I'll try and do it mid day, or early morning... one of the two, depending on things.

Mr. Analog

By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

Sorry, my bad. some weird oddity with ssh/rsync. It was updating (i think), but it wouldn't rsync. *sigh*

Thorin

Looks like it'll be another interesting build. Do I see the shell of an inner building starting?
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Thorin on October 07, 2015, 08:37:52 AM
Looks like it'll be another interesting build. Do I see the shell of an inner building starting?

Yeah I have this design I want to try and lots of materials :-)
By Grabthar's Hammer

Thorin

I spent some time online last night.  I flattened out my railroad, using these rules:

1. powered rails on top of redstone blocks
2. powered rails on coordinates evenly divisible by 20 (for instance, if I've got a railroad going north starting at -90, then there's a powered rail at -100, -120, -140, etc)
3. one-block rise every four blocks
4. if going between two higher spots, make a bridge instead of following the ground contours

I dunno if I like it, though: http://ov.mc.tomasu.org/planetbob/#/-86/64/-30/max/0/0 is an example

I also flattened land around my village full of villagers, although it's hard to see: http://ov.mc.tomasu.org/planetbob/#/184/64/-769/-1/0/0.  Got it all down to level 63.  Now to bring down the ground level inside the fence.  If houses are at a higher level than 63, I guess I'll have to leave them on little hills.  I want it flat, though.

Oh, and apparently there's enough villagers to spawn three iron golems, so that's kinda cool!

Things I want to do:

1. extend my railroad to spawn
2. build some simple and easy to use railroad stations
3. widen the railroad base and make the bridges look like bridges (you know, with supports)
4. flatten out the village
5. put windows and a floor in the egg-shaped house in the City Of Tomorrow
6. encase the City Of Tomorrow in a giant glass dome (I've been digging up sand here: http://ov.mc.tomasu.org/planetbob/#/-639/64/700/-1/0/0)

-----

Maybe I'll do more MCing tonight
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Mr. Analog

Can I build a station along your line?

Or maybe build my own line that intersects with yours?
By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

Hmm, those seem like nice rules, though you may want to do some landscaping around the awkward locations.

Thorin

Quote from: Mr. Analog on October 08, 2015, 02:36:00 PM
Can I build a station along your line?

Or maybe build my own line that intersects with yours?

Yup, feel free to add a station.  I'm still not sure how I want to build my stations, but I want it simple and pretty.  Maybe just have the line terminate and then one has to get out of the minecart and move it to the next track.

Quote from: Tom on October 08, 2015, 02:53:22 PM
Hmm, those seem like nice rules, though you may want to do some landscaping around the awkward locations.

"awkward" is an excellent word for this.  I'm kinda thinking I might want to change my level increase/decrease to be every two instead of every four, or something.  I for sure have enough powered rails and redstone blocks, so that's not a concern.
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Mr. Analog

Cool, I'm gonna do some math then and figure out if I have the materials to do it

Also I forgot how engrossing this damn game is... I started just about 5 PM and I'm like, hmm getting hungry (checks watch) almost 7:30!!

I did some cheaty stuff, just placing upside down stairs in a !$@# place, but that was it
By Grabthar's Hammer

Thorin

Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Thorin on October 08, 2015, 09:13:38 PM
cheaty cheater gonna cheat

:D

Cheater man, cheater man does whatever a cheater can

Set game mode - to the 1
Had some creat - tive fun
oh no, here comes the cheater man
By Grabthar's Hammer

Thorin

Got my village all leveled flat, except for the buildings and the gravel walkways (looks kinda funky!): http://ov.mc.tomasu.org/planetbob/#/182/64/-756/max/0/0

Apparently there's a bunch of caves right under the village, so I kept dropping.  And so did the villagers.  Man, those things are a pain to get moving!
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Thorin on October 09, 2015, 02:36:08 AM
Got my village all leveled flat, except for the buildings and the gravel walkways (looks kinda funky!): http://ov.mc.tomasu.org/planetbob/#/182/64/-756/max/0/0

Apparently there's a bunch of caves right under the village, so I kept dropping.  And so did the villagers.  Man, those things are a pain to get moving!

Wow! You really went to town... on that town :-)

I forget, can you lasso villagers?
By Grabthar's Hammer

Thorin

I think you can use a lead on them, yes.  You can also use a fishing rod.  Eventually they jumped back up out of the hole and then I used hundreds and hundreds of dirt blocks to fill in the caves to five layers below ground level in the village.

Also, I was wondering what I was going to do with all those buildings sticking up so high in the sky, turns out all the village buildings have been blue-printed here: http://minecraft.gamepedia.com/Minecraft_Wiki:Projects/Village_Blueprints.  So I can just tear them down and rebuild them!
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Thorin

Man I'd rather be mining and crafting right now.
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Thorin on October 09, 2015, 04:14:40 PM
Man I'd rather be mining and crafting right now.

Sounds like a plan man
By Grabthar's Hammer