Minecraft 1.5 has been Released

Started by Mr. Analog, March 14, 2013, 02:20:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr. Analog

I guess I better get to testing!
By Grabthar's Hammer

Mr. Analog

Everything is perfect!

All my builds, my mines, my stuff, my machines, everything is there and working perfectly
By Grabthar's Hammer

Lazybones

so the point of this tool was to a) remove and regenerate less water, b) remove and regenerate neither to get new resources in the next update.

I guess we need to test that those two things happen by updating the server.

Tom

Quote from: Lazybones on May 11, 2013, 03:49:06 PM
so the point of this tool was to a) remove and regenerate less water, b) remove and regenerate neither to get new resources in the next update.

I guess we need to test that those two things happen by updating the server.
Yeah, I'll put up a test of 1.5 once I'm done with the latest changes.

But I think the water changes were done prior to 1.4.6 or in 1.4.6.
<Zapata Prime> I smell Stanley... And he smells good!!!

Lazybones

For the water we may need to just spawn in some boats that re-travel those areas further and see if there is significant change.

Is the overviewer set to update the new test map regularly. We should be able to do some random spot checks and look for differences.

Tom

Quote from: Lazybones on May 11, 2013, 04:16:29 PM
For the water we may need to just spawn in some boats that re-travel those areas further and see if there is significant change.

Is the overviewer set to update the new test map regularly. We should be able to do some random spot checks and look for differences.
It's not set to update no. I can see if its easy enough.

Mr. Analog

The Nether seemed to be in good shape when I tested it earlier though it was only a cursory look at things
By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

The nether hasn't been run through yet. Need a slight change to make that work, but I'm currently still working on the bits that need to happen before that bit.

LennyLen

Quotenothing people care about is missing etc.

I couldn't tell because I can't login. ;)

Lazybones

Took a boat out and seemed to get exactly the same ocean and land mass generated... I might have the wrong commands or might not be opted on the test server so I could not teleport as far as I could tell to test other areas further out.

Tom

Quote from: LennyLen on May 11, 2013, 10:15:34 PM
Quotenothing people care about is missing etc.

I couldn't tell because I can't login. ;)

Quote from: Lazybones on May 11, 2013, 10:19:43 PM
Took a boat out and seemed to get exactly the same ocean and land mass generated... I might have the wrong commands or might not be opted on the test server so I could not teleport as far as I could tell to test other areas further out.

Odd. I made a copy of the server folder, the config should be exactly the same...

config looks fine, and the port is forwarded or noone could get to it. So I don't know wtf is going on.

Lazy: you've made sure you're checking out new areas? I suppose I can try an upgrade today and see if that changes anything. Who knows, some of the gen changes might have been in 1.4.7 (we're on 1.4.6). Though I could swear they happened in between our last upgrade points....

Lazybones

Was trying to find out when the generator changed and found this tool.

http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1119044-tool-biome-painter-10-edit-your-minecraft-worlds-biomes/

Makes me think that once generated there is another place in the map file that also contains what biome was / should be there. Thus there is probably something more than the chunk that needs to be deleted.

Tom

The biome information is stored inside the chunk data as a separate byte array. Interestingly, its stored per x,z coord.

Tom

In case anyone tries to look at the test map and sees that its messed up, thats the first test run of the new refactor, no idea why its not properly padding the chunks, but I'm a wee bit too tired to figure it out atm. I'll fix it tonight.

It's properly scanning for all maps in a "level". So the nether, the end, and the overworld, AND it'll notice mystcraft ages, other ages are very hit and miss, like it may not handle the twilight forest mod properly, and others like it. But I have some plans on how to handle that a bit better in the future, spent a bunch of time working on it when I was at my moms, but never quite got it to work properly :(

Also marks player's spawn and current location. Though I've noticed that one or both of them on some players are wildly invalid (outside the bounding rectangle of the current untrimmed map).

Mr. Analog

By Grabthar's Hammer