Minecraft 1.5 has been Released

Started by Mr. Analog, March 14, 2013, 02:20:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom

It's possible it was my map tool. so we'll see. I just find it unlikely. I'm loading and saving the raw block data in one big go. its an array of bytes, its impossible to @%&# up, unless you're really really retarded (which admittedly, I sometimes am).
<Zapata Prime> I smell Stanley... And he smells good!!!

Mr. Analog

Map on 1.4.6 after trimming still looks fine

Make the change to 1.5 and we'll see, maybe it's something to do with 1.5?
By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

So it looks like shenanigans. People should check their accounts, they might have been compromised or "borrowed".

Does anyone mind if we roll back? or do you want to keep the broken map?
<Zapata Prime> I smell Stanley... And he smells good!!!

Mr. Analog

Everything looks great now. And yeah, you may want to change your passwords or something.

Happy Minecrafting folks!
By Grabthar's Hammer

kdevil

Huh... is there a way to un-roll-back an area?  I had discovered and repaired some damage to my pyramid and hourglass, but the rollback undid the repairs.  ::)

Thorin

So you re-did the conversion, based on the map you still had, and there are no open gates or doors now and no holes in the side of the Grand Central Terminal?

I won't be able to look until late tonight, but as long as doors aren't open and holes weren't made in buildings, I'm happy with it. And if something isn't working right I'll just fix it.
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

Mr. Analog

We had to do a rollback there was substantial damage done by someone all over the place.

All the open doors, holes in walls and stolen stuff is back and good to go.

Since we didn't see anyone we didn't recognize in the logs the only thing Tom and I could think of is that one of the accounts on the whitelist was compromised.
By Grabthar's Hammer

Lazybones

These are the accounts that logged in since May 24, 2013 -> to the point that Tom dumped the logs..

UserIDDate last seen
Mr_Analog2013-05-26 08
Snowie0wl2013-05-26 04
ThorinC2013-05-26 01
kdevi2013-05-25 21
BMan_C   2013-05-25 20
YellowBear_2013-05-25 20
gizmo8832013-05-25 18
aethun2013-05-25 05
LennyLen2013-05-25 01

kdevil

The damage was already done when I logged in on the 25th, so it must have happened earlier.  Someone put holes in my pyramid and destroyed some pressure plates, and also replaced some of the sand in my hourglass's central column with cobblestone (probably as a way to reach the upper section).

Nothing was stolen from my chests, though, so I wouldn't call it "malicious" so much as "curious and inconsiderate".

Mr. Analog

At this point I'm thinking the whitelist isn't working or there is some other backdoor in.

The damage I saw between the backup map we had vs what we saw from yesterday was fairly drastic.
By Grabthar's Hammer

LennyLen

QuoteThese are the accounts that logged in since May 24, 2013 -> to the point that Tom dumped the logs..

I posted about the damage here on the 14th.  And that was on the temporary test server.

edit: I also found some single strands of spider web added to places, which seems like an odd thing for a griefer to do.

edit2: The damage is still there to my areas after the rollback.

Thorin

Hey, so...  Was the test server properly protected via whitelist?

I noticed that http://tomasu.org:8123/ doesn't work anymore but http://tomasu.org:8124/ (different port, set up for the test server) does and shows us online when we're online.

Any chance we've accidentally switched over to using the test server you set up, and that the whitelist was never properly configured for it?
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Mr. Analog

The port we used this morning was 25567, so I unno
By Grabthar's Hammer

Thorin

Yeah, those URLs point to the Dynamic Mapper that were set up for the original server (Dynamic Mapper on port 8123) and for the test server (Dynamic Mapper on port 8124).  Not to be confused with the port numbers used for the actual Minecraft servers (25566, 25567, etc).

I'm just wondering if maybe we opened the map on the test server, forgot to whitelist it, had some inconsiderates do some damage, then used that map to create the new 1.5 map from.

-----

edit: how much damage is there?  Is it something people could fix and we can all help with, or anything?  I don't want to spend two weeks rolling maps back and forth to fix something that I could help rebuild in an hour...
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Snowie0wl

I really shouldn't have been doing much in case of the rollback contingency but I thought most of the problems had been fixed. I lost a ton of stuff with the rollback (~65 levers changed to redstone torches in the Double Dragon Railway, additions to my base, a bunch of material from caving (~14 diamonds, three records, gold, redstone, iron). Also, I swear I remember seeing my old farm/bed with the glass roof had been okay yesterday. Today, it had a hole in it and some missing crops (including that nice little bit made with carrots put there by someone else) and open doors. Did you fix that yesterday before I logged on Thorin? Someone else? Am I remembering properly that it was okay yesterday?