Fragapalooza '06

Started by Mr. Analog, March 21, 2006, 08:40:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shayne

IM gonna make it, just waiting till my mid April pay day to cover the registration fee.  But im in.

Speaking of which, on Friday i scored:

Asus A8N32-Deluxe

AthlonX2 3800

7900GT (i have the second on order)

...a week before that i picked up 2GB of RAM, so this year i should be good to go :)

Mr. Analog

By Grabthar's Hammer

Mr. Analog

So, they've finally announced the tournaments at Frag this year:

To get back to their roots there will be a 2vs2 QuakeWorld tourney. To please both halves of the CS crowd they are running both a 1.6 and Source tournament.

No word on anything else though, which sucks (since I don't play CS).
By Grabthar's Hammer

Ustauk

Maybe a Battlefield 2 tournament?  I remember it being fairly popular last year at Frag, and those with limited systems can knock the resolution down.

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Ustauk on May 05, 2006, 10:53:39 AM
Maybe a Battlefield 2 tournament?  I remember it being fairly popular last year at Frag, and those with limited systems can knock the resolution down.

There won't be an official BF2 tournie, but there will be an unofficial one.
By Grabthar's Hammer

Fedora Gal

*whines* I wanna goooooooo.... *grumbles about silly weddings in Edmonton a few weeks before and time off*

I'm still trying to see if I can swing it, but I haven't been working for Shaw long enough to get two weeks paid vacation heh.
When the going gets tough, the tough make lemonade!

Mr. Analog

Pfft "weddings" unless they have free booze at the reception blow 'em off (J/K).

God will probably forgive you, even if your friends don't.
By Grabthar's Hammer

Fedora Gal

lol Mr. A.... it's worse... it's family!
When the going gets tough, the tough make lemonade!

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Shaeleam on May 30, 2006, 10:02:20 PM
lol Mr. A.... it's worse... it's family!

Even better! They can't stay mad!
By Grabthar's Hammer

Melbosa

So Cova and myself have been asked to be staff at this year's event.  Both of us have accepted, and the details will be worked out next week.  Hopefully won't eat more of our time that usual.
Sometimes I Think Before I Type... Sometimes!

Mr. Analog

Well, last couple of years you (Melbosa) worked nearly full time so I kind of expected you guys to get asked to be staff.

Gratz and enjoy!

I have the weeks around Fraga off and I'm volunteering again, I'll be helping setup / teardown :)
By Grabthar's Hammer

Cova

If you wanna drink Bawls at frag this year - there is a pre-order thread going over on the official fragapalooza forums.  Compusmart no-longer sells it, I don't know of anywhere else to get it except through frag.  Personally - I think it's too expensive as compared to Dew Fuel (was Mt. Dew Energy) which is the same price as coke/pepsi, but the decision is yours...

Shayne

How was it this year?  What was the big game (besides CS and WoW)?

Ustauk

It was great.  The network worked fairly well, to the point that I saw several people playing WoW.  Our group played Battlefield 2, LOTR: The Battle for Middle Earth II,  Call of Duty 2, Serious Sam 2, Crashday, and Titan Quest (if I missed a game, feel free to post it).  Other games I saw being played were Counterstrike (of course), Half Life 2, and Warcraft III.

Mr. Analog

It @%&#in' rocked again folks, this was proabaly the best run Fraga I've ever been to (4 YEARS now and counting)...

See you all there next year!
By Grabthar's Hammer