Main Menu

TF2 Mondays

Started by Mr. Analog, July 11, 2011, 10:04:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr. Analog

So I've been playing against bots trying to get experience with the sniper rifle and being a melee Demoman, I got the Eyelander AND Nessie's 9 Iron as drops last night, collecting heads and getting health/speed boost is kind of fun but it really changes how you play Demo

I like how the sword whispers to you "Heeeeeeeeeeads! HeadsHeadsHeads!" LOL
By Grabthar's Hammer

Lazybones

Quote from: Mr. Analog on July 29, 2011, 09:35:50 AM
So I've been playing against bots trying to get experience with the sniper rifle and being a melee Demoman, I got the Eyelander AND Nessie's 9 Iron as drops last night, collecting heads and getting health/speed boost is kind of fun but it really changes how you play Demo

Just take note that the swords reduce your over all health unless you counter them with Ali Baba's Wee Booties

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Lazybones on July 29, 2011, 09:49:52 AM
Quote from: Mr. Analog on July 29, 2011, 09:35:50 AM

Just take note that the swords reduce your over all health unless you counter them with Ali Baba's Wee Booties

Yes, that's why you typically want to equip the shields because they give you fire/blast damage resistance. The booties sure work well but losing all your ranged capability is pretty tough (for me) to adapt to

One of the best things too is you can take advantage of the crit boost the charge does using grenades, I've been able to clear a while cap point with four grenades.

Ooh I also got another Cow Mangler 5000 so if anyone wants one let me know :D
By Grabthar's Hammer

Lazybones

I wouldn't mind the Cow Mangler 5000, I have been getting lots of Boots for the Soldier but not much else.

Also in the Melee only modes the Demoman is king with the boots + shield and sword.

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Lazybones on July 29, 2011, 02:15:01 PM
I wouldn't mind the Cow Mangler 5000, I have been getting lots of Boots for the Soldier but not much else.

Also in the Melee only modes the Demoman is king with the boots + shield and sword.

Cool! If you see me on Steam (or vice versa) tonight we'll trade some stuff!

I also have some Scout stuff for ya

EDIT: Oh yeah! The Cow Mangler 5000 is pretty good, you get an extra shot and it requires no ammo (but it does require reloading), the only thing you have to remember is that the function times are a little slower (I'd say about the same as the standard rocket launcher) and you don't do very much damage to buildings. The charged shot is pretty handy if you have enemies at choke points or other objectives like carts and capture points, just remember to have an exit plan for the reloading (reloading all 5 shots takes a long time, like 4 sec or so).
By Grabthar's Hammer