Mann vs Machine Co-Op

Started by Mr. Analog, August 21, 2012, 09:32:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr. Analog

I think I'm gonna try Pyro or Sniper this time :)

I just started playing Sniper with the Machinima + Jarate + Bushwacka and man it kicks butt!
By Grabthar's Hammer

Melbosa

Sometimes I Think Before I Type... Sometimes!

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Melbosa on September 27, 2012, 10:44:41 AM
Nice.

I want to get that new Sniper gun: http://wiki.teamfortress.com/wiki/Hitman%27s_Heatmaker

When you build up focus you don't flinch while hit and you don't un-scope. It also decapitates on headshot haha
By Grabthar's Hammer

Mr. Analog

Oh yeah, I got the Heatmaker (well, rather, bought the whole Urban Professional pack)

It's a really good gun, when you do fill the meter (which fills on kills/assists) your next shot sends you into focus mode where you don't de-scope between shots and allows the scope recharge to continue while reloading, as well you don't flinch if you take damage so you can keep a bead on people while scoped. Also on a successful headshot it decapitates, which is just awesome haha.

The downside is it does 20% less damage on body shots (headshot damage is the same), this means you can't one-shot all classes on a full charge with this gun. Also when you are in focus mode tracers will show your position, but honestly most people playing with mics will point out sniper positions.

The silenced SMG is ok, if you manage to kill someone with it you get full crit for 3 seconds with all weapons, it has a smaller clip and a slower rate of fire than the standard SMG, also for a gun with a silencer it's fairly noisy.

To me it the Heatmaker is a direct upgrade to the Sniper Rifle if you are good at headshots or are in situations where you need to take out a group of people accurately for a few seconds. Still not sure if it's for me, the Machina is pretty powerful even with its drawbacks.

Guess I just need more practise headshotting lol
By Grabthar's Hammer