Steam Summer Sale '13

Started by Mr. Analog, July 04, 2013, 02:45:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr. Analog

Left 4 Dead 2 for FIVE BUCKS ($5)

If you don't own it you should, then we can chainsaw zombies together, like a real family.

Other cool deals

Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition: 75% off
Killing Floor Bundle: 75% off
Every Sonic Game Ever: 75% off

More to come as time rolls on!
By Grabthar's Hammer

Lazybones

Hmm the problem with L4D is the ONLY time I have EVER played it was at frag... It isn't something I feel like playing normally. Also I am extremely zombi-ed out.

Mr. Analog

Playing with friends is so much fun, like a lot of other games really.

The LAN party we had in November (?) last year was a lot of fun

It reminds me, I need to start playing TF2 again so I'm not totally horrible for Fraga...
By Grabthar's Hammer

Thorin

Hmm, Baldur's Gate, you say?  "Enhanced Edition", is that the original from years ago or a newer one re-released?
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

Tom

Have to say, I didn't have any fun playing L4D :(
<Zapata Prime> I smell Stanley... And he smells good!!!

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Thorin on July 04, 2013, 04:35:27 PM
Hmm, Baldur's Gate, you say?  "Enhanced Edition", is that the original from years ago or a newer one re-released?

It's a complete remake of the original + the expansion

Quote from: Tom on July 04, 2013, 05:32:16 PM
Have to say, I didn't have any fun playing L4D :(

That's too bad, it's funny the one map we pick was the one at least one character had to die. I hadn't ever played Bill's Sacrifice before (I hate stairs!)

We should have started with Mercy

p-p-p-p-p-p-p-p-ills here!
By Grabthar's Hammer

Mr. Analog

It should be noted that IF you are curious about L4D2, it's free to play this weekend.
By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

I think I have a copy already.
<Zapata Prime> I smell Stanley... And he smells good!!!

Melbosa

Hmm the official sale hasn't started yet... or I missed it... usually a week though.
Sometimes I Think Before I Type... Sometimes!

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Melbosa on July 05, 2013, 11:25:16 AM
Hmm the official sale hasn't started yet... or I missed it... usually a week though.

L4D2 http://store.steampowered.com/app/550/

$4.99 right now

By Grabthar's Hammer

Melbosa

Yep L4D2 is on sale... but the Summer 13 Sale itself hasn't started that I can see...

Mr. Analog

There's no splash page yet if that's what you mean, but there are a heap of games for 50% off or more if you click on the Specials tab
By Grabthar's Hammer

Melbosa

Yeah those were there on the weekend.  That tab always has good stuff.  L4D2 though is a good buy from the weekend deals.

But the Summer Sale will have a lot more and will be full of manufacturer and bundle packs.  So while there are some good deals on the specials tab today, I don't think the Summer Sale has begun yet - otherwise it will be a lame one compared to previous years.

Mr. Analog

It's true there are always good deals to be had, they don't usually dip to the 75% area.

It wasn't so long ago that Steam summer sales were just a thing without any announcements
By Grabthar's Hammer

Mags

Offically started today. Grabbed me some Bioshock Infinate half price.
"Bleed all over them, let them know you're there!"