Poker: Pineapple and Crazy Pineapple (simple variants of Hold'em)

Started by Darren Dirt, February 06, 2007, 10:40:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darren Dirt

Pineapple is a game similar to Texas Hold'em but the players receive 3 cards instead of 2 and must discard one of those cards before the flop is dealt. Otherwise the gameplay is the same as in Texas Hold'em.

Crazy Pineapple is a variant of hold'em in which each player receives 3 cards as a holding and must discard one of these 3 cards after the post-flop betting interval. The game play is otherwise similar to hold'em.

There.

Now ya know. :)

I can totally see how a long night of ring limit hold'em could be stirred up by a dozens hands of PA or CPA -- reducing the pain of "perpetual folding cuz you're getting nothing but crap hands" by increasing the likelihood of at least a playable hand (although CPA sounds a bit confusing/crazy).

Tahoe (a.k.a. "Lazy Pineapple") also sounds fun... especially at 1am when you're all tired, the "lazy" aspect would come in handy ;) Also, "Tic Tac Toe" would be fun on occasion.

February 24th (potentially) we'll surely try out a few of these variants!

- - -

btw, nobody better ever do this to me :o ;D

Strive for progress. Not perfection.

Darren Dirt

I'm thinking of taking advantage of a "free poker table, including shipping" offer.

Which of these 2 styles do you guys think would be best for the way our home games go...
http://www.vegaspokerpro.com/table.asp?agent_camp=12751001&agent_bann=16203001

I'm leaning towards the "octagon" style myself, but want to get feedback from you fine folks.

Bixby

Quote from: Darren Dirt on February 06, 2007, 12:10:58 PM
I'm thinking of taking advantage of a "free poker table, including shipping" offer.

Which of these 2 styles do you guys think would be best for the way our home games go...
http://www.vegaspokerpro.com/table.asp?agent_camp=12751001&agent_bann=16203001

I'm leaning towards the "octagon" style myself, but want to get feedback from you fine folks.

Currently, we have one of each table type at my place in play at our Friday night games, (16 players playing down to one final table). Everyone prefers the long table as it has a bit more elbow room and the lines on the table create a nice demarcation line: (Cards behind the line are in player's control, across the line are folded) (Chips across the line are a live bet).

These may sound like minor points, but as the frequency of your games increase, these can be important things for eliminating string bets or other areas of confusion).

The only thing that player like about the octagonal table is the ease of dealing. The players at the ends of the longer table sometimes have trouble dealing. It is a minor complaint, but ocassionally a card gets burned because of the longer distance to deal.

Hope that helps...
...Until then: "Shuffle Up & Deal".

Darren Dirt

Quote from: Bixby on February 06, 2007, 12:28:40 PM
Currently, we have one of each table type at my place in play at our Friday night games, (16 players playing down to one final table). Everyone prefers the long table as it has a bit more elbow room and the lines on the table create a nice demarcation line: (Cards behind the line are in player's control, across the line are folded) (Chips across the line are a live bet).

These may sound like minor points

Hope that helps...
...Until then: "Shuffle Up & Deal".

That helps mos def -- now I'm leaning the other way. Not minor points at all. Plus I've got a coffee table that would be hard to use the octagon form on :)