Munchkin: Quacked Quest

Started by Melbosa, February 21, 2020, 09:27:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Melbosa

So yeah, Gauntlet in Munchkin Universe: https://store.steampowered.com/app/926730/Munchkin_Quacked_Quest/

Free on Xbox Game Pass if anyone has that.
Sometimes I Think Before I Type... Sometimes!

Mr. Analog

By Grabthar's Hammer

Darren Dirt

You had me at every word you said.

Looks fun, but the reviews make me kinda :-| concerned... especially if the keys/controls are locked.

But I miss the late 1980s in the arcade building up huge Gauntlet health then letting randos join me and then the feeling of running way ahead of the rest of the party and letting them get pommelled by the monsters. I the OG Leroy Jenkins, at least standup arcade edition...

Strive for progress. Not perfection.

Darren Dirt

After watching a few more gameplay videos, am I correct that "Munchkin: Quacked Quest" has the same high-tempo quick-session insanity vibe as THIS classic multi-player pickup-game fun?

https://www.mariowiki.com/WarioWare,_Inc.:_Mega_Party_Game$!

Because the "8 minute" limit to a full game seems... surprising. Not much shorter than a typical Jackbox Party Pack session though, I guess.

Also, is it one-player-per-computer LAN gaming? Or multiple players on the same computer, each with their own controller or sharing the keyboard...
Or if, say, Mr. Analog has it on his XBox with 4 controllers, does that mean we can all play it on the next "game night"?

Melbosa

Quote from: Darren Dirt on February 26, 2020, 09:21:37 AMAfter watching a few more gameplay videos, am I correct that "Munchkin: Quacked Quest" has the same high-tempo quick-session insanity vibe as THIS classic multi-player pickup-game fun?

https://www.mariowiki.com/WarioWare,_Inc.:_Mega_Party_Game$!

Because the "8 minute" limit to a full game seems... surprising. Not much shorter than a typical Jackbox Party Pack session though, I guess.

Also, is it one-player-per-computer LAN gaming? Or multiple players on the same computer, each with their own controller or sharing the keyboard...
Or if, say, Mr. Analog has it on his XBox with 4 controllers, does that mean we can all play it on the next "game night"?
You can customize the time from 4m to 20m.  This is also not a coop game, just like Munchkin, as it is the person with the highest level at the end of time that wins.  Think Bomberman style of platform, as that was what it first reminded me of when I played it.

It did not appear to have a local play option for multiple people on the PC version.  And if wanting to play on XBox, I think its only on XBox One, which I don't think Mr. Analog has...
Sometimes I Think Before I Type... Sometimes!

Darren Dirt

"not a coop game" lol definitely not... half the fun I saw seemed to be pushing other players into death