Server roll call.

Started by Lazybones, March 21, 2012, 11:43:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thorin

Quote from: Tom on August 30, 2012, 09:47:22 AM
So neither RawrBox or LuckyCh4rms are going on the list for now?

Hey, I'll vouch for LuckyCh4rms!  And YellowBear_, and BMan_C, and iLLian1of7, and aethun, and LennyLen, and Melbosa, and Mr_Analog, and Bag0Bones, and a bunch of others, but not that Tomasu82, don't give him access... :)

Maybe can you post two lists: 1) whitelist, 2) list of players waiting for vouch?

Quote from: Thorin on August 30, 2012, 09:25:46 AM
Oh hey, did you put "whitelisted" in the server description for when people try to connect they'll know why they can't?

Will.

Is there a way to tell players where to go to get whitelisted?  Or do they just have to google tomasu.org?
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

Tom

Quote from: Thorin on August 30, 2012, 02:39:40 PM
So neither RawrBox or LuckyCh4rms are going on the list for now?

Hey, I'll vouch for LuckyCh4rms!  And YellowBear_, and BMan_C, and iLLian1of7, and aethun, and LennyLen, and Melbosa, and Mr_Analog, and Bag0Bones, and a bunch of others, but not that Tomasu82, don't give him access... :)

Maybe can you post two lists: 1) whitelist, 2) list of players waiting for vouch?
Can do, but later.

Quote from: Thorin on August 30, 2012, 02:39:40 PM
Quote from: Thorin on August 30, 2012, 09:25:46 AM
Oh hey, did you put "whitelisted" in the server description for when people try to connect they'll know why they can't?

Will.

Is there a way to tell players where to go to get whitelisted?  Or do they just have to google tomasu.org?
I honestly don't know. I think since we're mainly doing word of mouth anyhow, people can just tell other people to post here, or email me.
<Zapata Prime> I smell Stanley... And he smells good!!!

Thorin

Maybe put the whitelist / waitinglist in its own thread.  Call it "tomasu.org minecraft whitelist".  Google's surprisingly good at picking up our threads.
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Lazybones

Do the users get a custom error when blocked? you could always put a tiny URL back to the forums.

Tom

Quote from: Lazybones on August 30, 2012, 03:27:38 PM
Do the users get a custom error when blocked? you could always put a tiny URL back to the forums.
Something to look into.

Tom

Looked into it. It's not a stock minecraft thing. I'd likely need to install bukkit, and a bukkit plugin. Thats ok though, I've been meaning to look into seeing what kind of admin/backup/whatever plugins are available anyhow.

Lazybones

Quote from: Tom on August 30, 2012, 09:40:37 PM
Looked into it. It's not a stock minecraft thing. I'd likely need to install bukkit, and a bukkit plugin. Thats ok though, I've been meaning to look into seeing what kind of admin/backup/whatever plugins are available anyhow.

If you go bucket I would love to chat via one of the IRC mods, unless everyone else things that would be annoying...

Tom

Quote from: Lazybones on August 30, 2012, 09:51:41 PM
Quote from: Tom on August 30, 2012, 09:40:37 PM

If you go bucket I would love to chat via one of the IRC mods, unless everyone else things that would be annoying...
I'll look into it. the normal in game chat is fn retarded.

Tom

New list of people not vouched for:

RawrBox
pape73
lovedatsnow
stormey494
gizmo883
deathkiller246
sillybee123
Kursed89
HeroCraig89
AirFuzion
MentalShark
padraictoomey
TheKillcamHD
Starwaster

Mr. Analog

NOT vouched for? Are you sure?

You're on that list

Not that I trust you
By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

Quote from: Mr. Analog on August 31, 2012, 04:51:32 PM
NOT vouched for? Are you sure?

You're on that list

Not that I trust you
The top few may or may not be a joke.

Thorin

I vouch for me.  And I vouched for Mr_Analog earlier:

Quote from: http://forums.righteouswrath.com/index.php/topic,8521.msg64073.html#msg64073
I'll vouch for LuckyCh4rms!  And YellowBear_, and BMan_C, and iLLian1of7, and aethun, and LennyLen, and Melbosa, and Mr_Analog, and Bag0Bones

I guess I'll even vouch for Tomasu82, since I'm willing to pick that guy up and give him a ride places.

And isn't JD_Gamer from the Allegro forums?  I remember reading JGamer over there saying he's JD_Gamer...
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Tom

Quote from: Thorin on August 31, 2012, 04:52:14 PM
I vouch for me.  And I vouched for Mr_Analog earlier:

Quote from: http://forums.righteouswrath.com/index.php/topic,8521.msg64073.html#msg64073
I'll vouch for LuckyCh4rms!  And YellowBear_, and BMan_C, and iLLian1of7, and aethun, and LennyLen, and Melbosa, and Mr_Analog, and Bag0Bones

I guess I'll even vouch for Tomasu82, since I'm willing to pick that guy up and give him a ride places.

And isn't JD_Gamer from the Allegro forums?  I remember reading JGamer over there saying he's JD_Gamer...
Ah, I forgot about that. Derp.

Updated the list.

Tom

I have the white-list in place now.

If you have a problem connecting, let me know.

I spent some time to set up bukkit and some nifty plugins (WhitelistMessage, NoLagg, OnTime, dynmap and pickboat). Unfortunately bukkit wants to convert/move both the nether and the end into a different location, so for now I'll use the stock server, but once we're done with any possible rollbacks,  I'll move to bukkit.

Mr. Analog

Nice work, I'll let you know how connecting goes later.

Cheers!
By Grabthar's Hammer