Asus' Eee Tablet eReader/Writer

Started by Mr. Analog, June 02, 2010, 08:45:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr. Analog

Never paid much attention when I first heard about this thing but seeing it now in action it looks pretty cool. The price point isn't too bad either $200

http://hothardware.com/News/Handson-with-Asus-Eee-Tablet-eReaderWriter-with-Integrated-Digicam/
By Grabthar's Hammer

Melbosa

I have an Asus Netbook EEE myself, and really do like their EEE lines.  So would be a pretty cool little unit I think.
Sometimes I Think Before I Type... Sometimes!

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Melbosa on June 02, 2010, 01:13:13 PM
I have an Asus Netbook EEE myself, and really do like their EEE lines.  So would be a pretty cool little unit I think.

Even from the video there the screen looks easy to read. It's b/w only though, so I'm not sure why they have a camera (taking pictures of whiteboards/charts maybe?)
By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

Quote from: Mr. Analog on June 02, 2010, 06:04:36 PM

Even from the video there the screen looks easy to read. It's b/w only though, so I'm not sure why they have a camera (taking pictures of whiteboards/charts maybe?)
It probably saves them in full color.
<Zapata Prime> I smell Stanley... And he smells good!!!

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Tom on June 02, 2010, 06:41:16 PM
Quote from: Mr. Analog on June 02, 2010, 06:04:36 PM

It probably saves them in full color.

Maybe? I dunno.

It has a 10 hour battery life apparently.
By Grabthar's Hammer

Melbosa

Quote from: Mr. Analog on June 02, 2010, 08:39:20 PM

Yeah, my netbook has a 14 hour battery life, so I don't think the 10 hour is a stretch.  And I have testing the battery up to 13 hours on my netbook.

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Melbosa on June 03, 2010, 08:43:26 AM
Quote from: Mr. Analog on June 02, 2010, 08:39:20 PM

Yeah, my netbook has a 14 hour battery life, so I don't think the 10 hour is a stretch.  And I have testing the battery up to 13 hours on my netbook.

I love my netbook, it plays most MAME roms, it's like having a huge arcade at my disposal any time :)
By Grabthar's Hammer

Melbosa

I never thought:

1 - You'd buy a netbook, being that the screens are so small and res so bad
2 - That you could play a MAME on a netbook... as they don't really have great processing power or video cards

I'll have to try #2 on mine and see...

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Melbosa on June 03, 2010, 09:26:47 AM
I never thought:

1 - You'd buy a netbook, being that the screens are so small and res so bad
2 - That you could play a MAME on a netbook... as they don't really have great processing power or video cards

I'll have to try #2 on mine and see...

Yep, I bought one for bringing with me on trips or just if I needed a computer handy. It runs Windows 7 and scales up pretty nice.

I put MAME on it to see how well it ran and I was genuinely surprised by the results.

I used to bring it to work and play fighting games with an XBox360 controller at lunchtime :)

I lent it out to a friend of mine, I should see if she's still using it.
By Grabthar's Hammer