Mr. Analog

That feeling when you kick some code in the ass

YES!!

serious rush
By Grabthar's Hammer

Lazybones

"Fu$# you're kidding me"

- The moment you find your own typo or someone points it out
- The moment you find a forum post stating it is an unfixed bug in your platform not your code.

Tom

Quote from: Mr. Analog on May 31, 2012, 09:14:46 AM

YES!!

serious rush
\o/

Quote from: Lazybones on May 31, 2012, 09:26:02 AM
"Fu$# your kidding me"

- The moment you find your own typo or someone points it out
- The moment you find a forum post stating it is an unfixed bug in your platform not your code.

/o\
<Zapata Prime> I smell Stanley... And he smells good!!!

Darren Dirt

Quote from: Mr. Analog on May 31, 2012, 09:14:46 AM

YES!!

serious rush

funny your timing.

This morning I spent 3 hours working backwards with some code that was working in almost every case except the rare situation where only a single checkbox was selected on a form (worked correctly with none, and lots). Turns out I had "<0" instead of "<=0" in a singular place early on in the post-form processing.

:facepalm: , but :elated relief: too  8)

Strive for progress. Not perfection.

Thorin

I totally understand that feeling.  I happened to have it last night while playing Minecraft.  But for some reason I'm a complete zombie at work today ::)

Doesn't help that I'm constantly waiting for servers to do their thing.
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

Darren Dirt

Quote from: Thorin on May 31, 2012, 03:52:58 PM
last night while playing Minecraft.  But for some reason I'm a complete zombie at work today ::)

Unrelated, I am sure.

And btw you guys are still playing that little game? ;)

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Darren Dirt on May 31, 2012, 11:19:57 PM
Quote from: Thorin on May 31, 2012, 03:52:58 PM
last night while playing Minecraft.  But for some reason I'm a complete zombie at work today ::)

Unrelated, I am sure.

Do you still play Poker?
By Grabthar's Hammer

Thorin

Totally related.  And yes.  But I'd sure like to get a YES!! soon on my project work, it's sucky how long it's taking.
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

Tom

Ohh that reminds me. I was fighting with some stupid bugs in android last week. Didn't really have a classic YES! moment, since I had to completely hack around the bugs, rather than actually fix things. I always assume its my own bug that causes issues, and finding the solution to those is usually what makes me go YES!!!!11oeneoneoneone. This time there was none of that. just a bunch of boge code. hundreds of lines of it.

Darren Dirt

Quote from: Mr. Analog on May 31, 2012, 11:47:21 PM

Do you still play Poker?

Do I post 5 new threads every day talking about it? ;)

just ribbin' y'all, y'all... and reminding myself how glad I am the forum has that "ignore subforums" option for to keep my sanity... what's left of it.

Quote from: Tom on June 01, 2012, 12:56:53 AM
This time there was none of that. just a bunch of boge code. hundreds of lines of it.

Boge as in "Europe's largest dmanufacturer of shock absorbers"? or Boge as in "specializes in the development and research of electronic cigarettes"? Cuz Google didn't help me much beyond that.

Tom

Quote from: Darren Dirt on June 01, 2012, 09:18:43 AM
Quote from: Mr. Analog on May 31, 2012, 11:47:21 PM

Do you still play Poker?

Do I post 5 new threads every day talking about it? ;)

just ribbin' y'all, y'all... and reminding myself how glad I am the forum has that "ignore subforums" option for to keep my sanity... what's left of it.

This time there was none of that. just a bunch of boge code. hundreds of lines of it.

Boge as in "Europe's largest dmanufacturer of shock absorbers"? or Boge as in "specializes in the development and research of electronic cigarettes"? Cuz Google didn't help me much beyond that.
I mean't bodge.

Darren Dirt

Quote from: Tom on June 01, 2012, 09:31:38 AM

I mean't bodge.

Dude, don't be a bodger! ("2. One who works in a rough and ready, slipshod manner")

Tom

Quote from: Darren Dirt on June 01, 2012, 10:09:26 AM
Quote from: Tom on June 01, 2012, 09:31:38 AM

I mean't bodge.

Dude, don't be a bodger! ("2. One who works in a rough and ready, slipshod manner")
Meh. I just had to write a bunch of manual image scaling and thumbnailing. Stuff that android itself does, but is broken under specific circumstances, differently, on different versions of android.

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Darren Dirt on June 01, 2012, 09:18:43 AMDo I post 5 new threads every day talking about it? ;)

Well, not on this forum anyway...

Quote from: Darren Dirt on June 01, 2012, 09:18:43 AMreminding myself how glad I am the forum has that "ignore subforums" option for to keep my sanity... what's left of it.

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight, whatever helps you sleep at night ::)
By Grabthar's Hammer